ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

should i protect scripted enemy encounters for 5000 strength one shots ?

since enemies in my mod have hit points on the higher side, i expect players to use some of the options MW gives you. for example jugging some fortify strength potions to do more melee damage...

now i have an scripted encounter where the enemy teleports at 50% HP, so if the PC has a lot of strength and one shots said NPC, the quest will break.

should i have some sort of protection against this or would you ignore this ?

cheers

I'd say to try and put some protection in. What form that should take I'm not sure. Could they be marked as an Essential NPC until the teleport? Hmmm. But then maybe the PC wouldn't realise they just shouldn't be one shotted rather than killed outright.

the NPC before the combat encounter is marked as essential and replaced with one that isn't. but yeah like you said it would not convey the problem to the player.

if i have a detection that would warn the player, i guess from there it wouldn't be much more to just make the quest work. will add something, or maybe it's enough to adjust the script, the NPC is healed after teleport, maybe healing earlier will fix it...

thanks for the input

i forgot about resurrect, working fine now. NPC gets one shot, teleports and is alive again.

strange thing is, i have an other side quest with a similar encounter, this NPC teleports when health ratio <= 0.15 or so, the one here has of 0.5 <= . and this other one works just as is.

but thanks anyways for further ideas!