Load Order Question

ChinchillaFlats

Usually, the mod description will mention where it should fall in your load order..... But, barring that, if you have other mods that affect the same general area, the settlement mod should load AFTER them. If you don't have anything else that changes the area, then it likely doesn't matter.

Usually, the mod description will mention where it should fall in your load order..... But, barring that, if you have other mods that affect the same general area, the settlement mod should load AFTER them. If you don't have anything else that changes the area, then it likely doesn't matter.

Thanks. I didn't see anything in the description or in the comments. I kind of figured if it was really important the person who made the mod would mention it. And what you say makes sense. I do have Amazing Follower Tweaks. If I remember correctly that one says put it on the end/bottom. The only change I have made to a non settlement area is using AFT to set up my camp. Not sure that really constitutes a change that you are speaking of. If so, I should be able to get away with placing it right before AFT in my order wouldn't you think? Thanks again for the reply.

Edited by ChinchillaFlats

it only matters if it conficts, especially if it includes vis data. good luck with aft by the way. nice if it works, not so nice you can not get rid of all followers...

it only matters if it conficts, especially if it includes vis data. good luck with aft by the way. nice if it works, not so nice you can not get rid of all followers...

Thank you. I have not ever had the AFT issue you have mentioned. But I am sure there are features I have never used. By the way, what you say about it only matters if it conflicts, is that true for any mod?

Edited by ChinchillaFlats

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. I have not ever had the AFT issue you have mentioned. But I am sure there are features I have never used. By the way, what you say about it only matters if it conflicts, is that true for any mod?

Yes, any mod might conflict with another mod for any number of reasons. The lower .esp will all ways win conflicts.

It is not all ways true with settlement mods. I have tried some that no mater where I place them they just don't work.