***Oblivion Bestiary***

archer9

Check the CS wiki, I made a few simple books from a little tutorial there, no pictures though. If you like, I would be willing to take some descriptions from the strategy guide and send a text file, at least for a few. Pictures might look better from in-game though, so they are actually in action. Maybe make a new topic requesting photos of creatures, I'm sure a lot of people have random photos you could crop to get a decent picture.

This is an interesting idea. I like the idea of having books where we could read up on each of the creatures in Oblivion. I would suggest writing up small examples of the creatures and posting them here. Once the information is together, creating the books would be a simple task, simply a matter of copy/paste.

Name:

Type:

Level:

Health:

Magicka:

Fatigue:

Soul:

Combat skill:

Magic skill:

Stealth skill:

Attack damage:

Weapons:

Advantages:

Weaknesses:

Ingredients:

Ranged magic:

Melee Magic:

Description:

First post_________________________________________________

Name: Clannfear

Type: Daedra

Level: 11

Health: 180

Magicka: 0

Fatigue: 250

Soul: Common

Combat skill: 60

Magic skill: 5

Stealth skill: 15

Attack damage: 36

Weapons: None

Advantages: Reflect damage, resist fire

Weaknesses: Weakness to shock

Ingredients: Clannfear claw

Ranged magic: None

Melee Magic: None

Description:

The Clannfear , with it's terrifying speed and razor sharp claws, is one of the most dangerous Daedric beasts. It's heavy strike and damage reflection make it especially deadly to melee fighters. Fight it from a distance if you can, or use magic to bypass it's damage reflection.

The Clanfear information is from the Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion official game guide and anyone who owns it could help by posting info from their favorite creature here. A modder could then copy and paste the info into the books once all the info is ready.

UESPWiki contains lots of stuff and pictures! I think gathering info will not be a problem here. Ok, I'll start reading those tutorials and practise on making books. But if there is anyone who is ready to do it for me, I'll be very glad to accept your help. (Because I'm very lazy, I admit it! :whistling:)

Examinis, I like your approach. If I ever get that far, I'll use your post as a template.

My neighbor suggested that I make a zoo. I thought it was a good idea and I've posted a thread about it HERE The bestiary would be a great item to sell in the zoo. If you are going to make the mod, I could use it, if not, I may work on it myself. Let me know one way or the other.

If by chance you make a ZOO, for the love of god MAKE THE BEASTIARY SEPERATE! You can make it AVALIABLE in the zoo, but make it a seperate mod for those who want the books but not the zoo.. like me. lol. GREAT idea, i was actually thinking of the game guide. I got it the DAY the game came out, read it through and through 26 times (literally) before i even TOUCHED the game... my computer was in the shop for 5 months and i had no way of installing TES4 when i bought it.. so i entertained myself with anticipation.

Don't worry ranokoa. I will upload the books as a seperate mod and allow exanimis to use it in his mod. Btw first book is almost ready! :thumbsup:

I will make 5 different books: Animals, Monsters, Undead, Daedra and Goblins.

First is practically ready. I will upload it today or tomorrow. But, please note that I chose a simplified description:

Name:

Picture:

Ingredients:

Health:

Attack:

Special notes:

Description:

Because I didn't want to make it like a scientific essay. In stead it will be more like a travelers guide.

Don't worry ranokoa. I will upload the books as a seperate mod and allow exanimis to use it in his mod. Btw first book is almost ready! :thumbsup:

I will make 5 different books: Animals, Monsters, Undead, Daedra and Goblins.

First is practically ready. I will upload it today or tomorrow. But, please note that I chose a simplified description:

Name:

Picture:

Ingredients:

Health:

Attack:

Special notes:

Description:

Because I didn't want to make it like a scientific essay. In stead it will be more like a travelers guide.

If you wouldn't mind sending me the file i would like to work on it and try something closer to Exanimis's idea, and also add MMM creatures, for an alternative. we could call them, the travelers guide to Creatures of Cyrodiil, And the complete guide to creatures of Cyrodiil. Of course I'll give you credit for the idea and your work, if not I'll make it from scratch, still give you credit for your idea of course.

also, if anyone is intersted maybe a fallout 3 like quest where you have to kill a certain number of each monster for the person writing the book. (might need help with that one)