Exit to desktop freeze

Neotox428

I would dearly love an option to skip the exit save...... a workaround is to open the pipboy, and then exit the game. It will warn you that exit save is disabled, but, the game will actually exit.....

Well there is No Joy on that method for me...I exited through the Pipboy and got the message saying the Exit save was disabled and still it froze up had to visit the Task manager. This is a freaking bummer to have to do this all the time and I can't believe with all the modders out there no one has figured out a fix for this? Or even what is causing it as far as that goes. Just sux to have to exit this way all the time. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Ok....so after doing a lot of reading and searching I decided to install Buffout 4. I installed it and the other required files for it and gave it a try. Loaded up my last save, ran around a few minutes and Exit to desktop....BAMMMMM no freeze. Saved and went to desktop normally. So still don't know what was causing the freeze or how to fix it but for now seems Buffout 4 stops the freezing.

I would be real curious what buffout changes that fixes it......

Yea that would be a step to fixing the issue for sure but i don't know enough about Buffout 4 to try to figure out what it did. I have a couple hours in game with several exit to desktops and still no freeze since i installed buffout 4. I think there is a mod called Buffout and one called Buffout 4, the one i installed is buffout 4 I can try to get some logs for you if you want if you have to talent try to figure it out HeyYou.

I would be real curious what buffout changes that fixes it......

Yea that would be a step to fixing the issue for sure but i don't know enough about Buffout 4 to try to figure out what it did. I have a couple hours in game with several exit to desktops and still no freeze since i installed buffout 4. I think there is a mod called Buffout and one called Buffout 4, the one i installed is buffout 4 I can try to get some logs for you if you want if you have to talent try to figure it out HeyYou.

Way beyond my meager skills. :D But, right in the description is this: It fixes engine bugs .....

Apparently, yes, yes it does. :D Don't see where it talks about WHICH engine bugs it address, or how it does so though, but, I didn't go diggin' real deep on that either.