Is it possible to somehow replace the body that is used together with the item of clothing?

TheXXI

You'd probably want to look for an already converted version or one compatible with BodySlide.

It's already compatible with bodyslide, but some body elements don't look like they should. I would like to upload a different version of the body from other clothes.

The normal method for reference-body swapping is covered in a number of articles here and elsewhere.

As I recall, the process is usually performed in Outfit Studio, the "other" part of Bodyslide.

I'd be less obtuse, and tell you how m'self, but tbh, I've never performed the swap myself, so any such effort would be useless. I just know the overall situation. But from being a reader of many posts, I can say there are a ton of posts about it in the SE support fora, as well as over at LL.

(and if my memory is still working, there may even be an article or "how to" linked from the Bodyslide and Outfit Studio authors, so I'd recommend checking that mod page as well.