ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Vortex update seems to have broken LOOT

Skyraider27
Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

So, it seems that we can never use vortex as a mod manager again?

You just need to do a bit of digging and work out what's breaking your Vortex install. You may also want to update your C++ redistributable, just to be sure.

I'm not that good at this stuff, to be honest. I use Vortex because it was great at sorting everything out for people like me. Furthermore, I looked at the C++ but it was just too confusing and complicated for me to understand. Kind of stuck.

Do you use Windows Defender?

Yes... I think I do. I use Windows 10... Is there anything in Defender I can do to make Vortex recognize the plug-ins again?

Guest deleted34304850

how did you come to that braindead conclusion?

how about, rather than piling into this thread, and offering NOTHING of worth, you open your own ticket, put in as much detail as possible about YOUR issue and see if you can get help?

how did you come to that braindead conclusion?

how about, rather than piling into this thread, and offering NOTHING of worth, you open your own ticket, put in as much detail as possible about YOUR issue and see if you can get help?

I'm obviously not at your level of intelligence. Please don't waste your time with me. Hopefully someone else can help. Thanks.

For "C++ redistributable", search/Google the exact phrase in between the quotes. Once you get there, you will see three d/l options on the MS site - ARM, x86, and x64. The x86 is for 32-bit computers/laptops, x64 is for 64-bit processors and includes 64-bit ARM support, and I believe that the individual ARM version is for mobile devices and some tablet style machines. To find out which version of Windows you have, click on 'settings', then System, then 'About', and look for System Type, at least on Windows 10. Click on the proper d/l link from MS, double-click the resulting file, and restart just to be sure. Your C++ has been updated!

For "C++ redistributable", search/Google the exact phrase in between the quotes. Once you get there, you will see three d/l options on the MS site - ARM, x86, and x64. The x86 is for 32-bit computers/laptops, x64 is for 64-bit processors and includes 64-bit ARM support, and I believe that the individual ARM version is for mobile devices and some tablet style machines. To find out which version of Windows you have, click on 'settings', then System, then 'About', and look for System Type, at least on Windows 10. Click on the proper d/l link from MS, double-click the resulting file, and restart just to be sure. Your C++ has been updated!

Ahhhhh! Thank you so much! You are a legend. I appreciate you taking the time to help someone who isn't great at stuff like this. You fixed the problem. Thanks again!

I am having the exact same issue. Clean install of Windows 10 22H2 Fresh install of Vortex and a brand new m.2 drive. However this issue started before the clean install and I was hoping the issue would be resolved. This is a Vortex issue.

Ahhhhh! Thank you so much! You are a legend. I appreciate you taking the time to help someone who isn't great at stuff like this. You fixed the problem. Thanks again!

I am having the exact same issue. Clean install of Windows 10 22H2 Fresh install of Vortex and a brand new m.2 drive. However this issue started before the clean install and I was hoping the issue would be resolved. This is a Vortex issue. attachicon.gif Vortex error.png

Try the above solution. It worked for me. Problem solved. Plug-ins are back.