⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Failed to set game mode skyrim se

s0tb

SetupError: Missing: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data

at E:\VortexGames\Vortex\downloads\resources\app.asar\renderer.js:2961:145

at tryCatcher (E:\VortexGames\Vortex\downloads\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\util.js:16:23)

at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (E:\VortexGames\Vortex\downloads\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:547:31)

at Promise._settlePromise (E:\VortexGames\Vortex\downloads\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:604:18)

at Promise._settlePromise0 (E:\VortexGames\Vortex\downloads\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:649:10)

at Promise._settlePromises (E:\VortexGames\Vortex\downloads\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:725:18)

at _drainQueueStep (E:\VortexGames\Vortex\downloads\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:93:12)

at _drainQueue (E:\VortexGames\Vortex\downloads\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:86:9)

at Async._drainQueues (E:\VortexGames\Vortex\downloads\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:102:5)

at Async.drainQueues (E:\VortexGames\Vortex\downloads\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:15:14)

This keeps showing up, but there is a file called Data. Won't let me access skyrim or mod the game from vortex. What file should I be choosing for manually setting location for skyrim? The one holding the actual application+launcher is what I've been selecting and a file called Data in there is present. Also where should download location be? Thanks in advance.

Edit: for reference, image shows the files in my Data folder, I think some may be missing

Edited by s0tb

As the first line of the error says, the folder at E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data doesn't exist. (Or Vortex doesn't have permission to view it)

Probably the latter because the folder is there. How can I give it permission? It was working fine then I restarted my pc and kept getting this error and can't mod skyrim se anymore.

As the first line of the error says, the folder at E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data doesn't exist. (Or Vortex doesn't have permission to view it)

Probably the latter because the folder is there. How can I give it permission? It was working fine then I restarted my pc and kept getting this error and can't mod skyrim se anymore.

Maybe try this, but replace the program files path with the one Vortex is having problems with?

https://modding.wiki/en/vortex/users/dotnet#fixing-program-files-permissions

Maybe try this, but replace the program files path with the one Vortex is having problems with?

That definitely seems like a right place to start looking, seeing as I had just gotten an update and never heard of .NET before, thanks

Tried it and still getting the same issue. Installed .NET 6, gave it perms cause maybe the issue was there, didn't work. Then tried replacing path with "Data" folder's path, still seems to have the error.

Tried it and still getting the same issue. Installed .NET 6, gave it perms cause maybe the issue was there, didn't work. Then tried replacing path with "Data" folder's path, still seems to have the error.

Alright, thanks anyway. Gonna try uninstalling and reinstalling on C: drive. Just need to make space first.