Best way to get rid of a new game?

Fistandilius

So I'm wondering if anyone has any good advice on how you like to sell, trade, whatever your new games that you can't return. Whether you got it as a gift, or you got it off Ebay, sometimes you can't return a game, but it's brand new and you don't know what to do with it.

I'm wondering about sites like goozex or swapfu, and possible experiences trading on craigslist. I recently tried taking something back to best buy without a receipt and they sent me packing. I thought they'd at least give me a gift card, which I would be ok with. I did not fuss and ask to talk to a mgr though, so that may have something to do with it.

Obviously Ebay is an option, but with all the sales this time of year I'm not sure I'd be getting a good price for them or even be able to sell them at all. I have 3 games I got for/around xmas that I need to unload. They are all $20 value games. Ideally there are a boatload of $20 value games I would like to have so a direct swap would be nice, but I'm interested to hear what other people do in this situation.

Nope, and there is one simple reason for this... Because piracy and bootlegging is a thing.

The reason why you cannot return opened software to stores and get a full refund is because as soon as that software is open it can quickly be duplicated, cracked, and burned to dozens of disks for resale. As such, a large portion of those "previously owned" games and software you typically find being sold through Ebay, Craigslist, or even 3rd party Amazon sellers are often supplied by those making illegal copies if they aren't making those copies themselves. To make this all more difficult, some of those making bootleg copies of software are very good at it, even owning industrial printing machines to reproduce booklets or boxes to the point where even a trained eye can have trouble telling one that came from the company from one that someone else made.

i have very few hard copy games anymore, as 99% of my PC games are off of Steam, and this is a problem you will run into when trying to sell. hard copy resell games, unless unopened, probably wont see for much, even on Ebay.

if you want direct swaps, then you could try Craigslist as you mention. just list the games you have, what you are looking for in return, and list what you are willing to sell them for, in case someone wants to buy not trade.

but yea, as far as selling PC games goes, idrk.

i have very few hard copy games anymore, as 99% of my PC games are off of Steam

That's exactly what happened to me. I bought Dishonored + DLC's and Alice off Steam during the Winter sale and got Alice and the PS3 version of Dishonored for Xmas. I'm tempted to keep dishonored because I can't seem to get the steam version to run, but leary of Bethesda's track record on ps3 titles as well.

the only title i played on PS3 by Bethesda was FO3. and maybe a few hours of FONV (before i traded it for PC)....i played FO3 extensively, 3 full times through, plus all the DLC, and never ran into bugs. occasionally the game did freeze, and id lose some progress (not much since it saves every fast travel, wait, or anytime you load) but that was significantly cut down with the Broken Steel DLC. dishonored has been out for awhile so any bugs it might have had have most likely been patched by now.

all that said, it was Published by Bethesda, not Developed By, so you shouldnt have to be weary of Bethesdas "track record"

the only title i played on PS3 by Bethesda was FO3. and maybe a few hours of FONV (before i traded it for PC)....i played FO3 extensively, 3 full times through, plus all the DLC, and never ran into bugs. occasionally the game did freeze, and id lose some progress (not much since it saves every fast travel, wait, or anytime you load) but that was significantly cut down with the Broken Steel DLC. dishonored has been out for awhile so any bugs it might have had have most likely been patched by now.

all that said, it was Published by Bethesda, not Developed By, so you shouldnt have to be weary of Bethesdas "track record"

Well, I'd rather get the PC version running, but I haven't gotten a response on that thread yet and I'm not sure where else to ask.

It would be interesting to see if anyone has used services like swapfu or goozex for new games. I've never used these services at all. I mean these are $20 bargain titles, but there are a bunch of greatest hits in that price range and a direct swap would be ideal to me since there are quite a few games in that price range I would like to get anyways. I know Gamestop will give me a crap deal.

End game is to just put them on Ebay.

Edited by Fistandilius