Entered Nordhagen beach and there were 2 BOS soldiers there.

Entered Nordhagen Beach and there were 2 BOS troops.

Not patrolling or anything just chilling as if they were settlers.

And when I used a mod to check their home it was indeed marked as "Nordhagen beach"

So they were basically settlers.

In 2100 hrs of play I never encountred anything like this.

Of course I never discovered a settelment this late before either (Lvl 66)

This is with me NOT playing as member of the BOS but as Minuteman commander instead.

I quickly took controll of the settlment.

Due to their presence i decided to built my next artillery piece not in Nordhagen but in Country Crossroad which is BOS free.

But Nordhagen is now a MM settelement.

The MM are not allied with the BOS.

We, the MM, are interested in friendly relations with all, but the douchbag attitude of the BOS troops makes impossible.

So I want to throw them out of my settlement.

but I cannot do that without killing them (which at my level + armament I am easily capable of in a single VATS turn)

And once killed I cannot scrap thier bodies.

I tried.

I once opened fire at short range with gaus rifle criticals (i have criticlal banker)

This killed the level Knights with one shot each.

But I dont want the BOS to show up in the settelment on thier next patrols and find 2 dead comrades.

but I cannot recycle thier bodies like I could otherwise even though I have scrap anything installed.

Interstingly when I killed those 2 even though they are marked as "nordhagen beach" home the other settlers did not become hostile to me.

So I went back to an earlier save an placed some heavy machine gun turrets on the roofs but pointing at the spots where they liked to be.

I have better settlers and tales of the Commonwealth installed but cannot imagine how they would have caused 2 BOS Knights to show up as settlers.

Sounds like either a mod conflict or an author who did something quite clever in his mod. :laugh:

From what I remember Nordhagen Beach is one of the settlements Proctor Teagan might send a BoS player to, to coerce the farmers to give their crops to the Brotherhood. Personally I've never seen those dudes around without doing those radiants.

Sounds like either a mod conflict or an author who did something quite clever in his mod. :laugh:

From what I remember Nordhagen Beach is one of the settlements Proctor Teagan might send a BoS player to, to coerce the farmers to give their crops to the Brotherhood. Personally I've never seen those dudes around without doing those radiants.

They were unarmed too and not high level (I think level 6 or so ).

My X-01 Mk5, automatic plasma Rifle wielding, Lvl 16 Far habor settler in Nordhagen would have made mincemeat out of them, if they had tried throwing thier weight around.

(and my Guard had a couple heavy turrets backing him up)

but I did not really want to start a war with the BoS, just yet.

Also these two BoS Knights were marked by the game as home settlement "Nordhagen".

So it considered them settlers.

but I was never able to talk to them as if they were settlers (the usual jack ass comments)

I am definetly not on a BoS playthrough, but MM Commander. :cool:

PS: It would be intresting if there was a mechnism in the game for there to be a genuine Casus Belli for the MM and the BoS.

It might be an attack on the MM settlement of The Slog (IF it is a MM settlement by that time)

Or there could have been one case of extortion for food and then from there one some negotiaing between MM so it would nt happen again.

And if the BoS and MM come to a agreement (maybe trading surplus MM food for fusion cores or some such) there would be no war.

but no agreement and more incidents of BoS violating MM Settlements that would have put the BoS at same status as raiders in the MM eyes I would think.

And raiders, the MM shoot on sight.

Since the BoS has all these small teams out there the MM could have held them at risk via atttacks, forcing the BoS to triple the size of thier teams for security dramtically lowering their rate of plundering Tech.

On the other hand the airmobility of the BoS could have been a powerful tool to impose a defeat in detail on the MM.

Imposing successive defeats in detail, is the primary method a smaller military force has available to win a open war against a larger one.

Until missle launcher become more widespread then the use of Vertibirds would have needed to be curtailed and the advantage of that tool lessened.

etc etc

I might be wrong... but, I whack BoS dead on a regular basis, yet, new ones showing up are not hostile...... But, if the game considers them Settlers.... the other folks in that settlement might take exception to you just killing them out of hand..... Might be an interesting experiment though. :D

I might be wrong... but, I whack BoS dead on a regular basis, yet, new ones showing up are not hostile...... But, if the game considers them Settlers.... the other folks in that settlement might take exception to you just killing them out of hand..... Might be an interesting experiment though. :D

I did.

Killed them in one VATS turn (2 shot legendary Gauss rifle).

Settlers did not become hostile.

But I had used AFT to look at their stats/setting before and it said Home: Nordhagen.

Went back to the save prior since I did not want to start a war with the BoS .

But yes I know the Bos only becomes hostile when u cross a line in siding with institute and/or killed named BoS personnell)

I did.

But I had used AFT to look at their stats/setting before and it said Home: Nordhagen.

But yes I know the Bos only becomes hostile when u cross a line in siding with institute and/or killed named BoS personnell)

That's actually a shame. I rather dislike the BoS, and would happily prompt them to be hostile to me. One would think that after shooting down half a dozen vertibirds, they would take exception to that.... but no.....

I did.

That's actually a shame. I rather dislike the BoS, and would happily prompt them to be hostile to me. One would think that after shooting down half a dozen vertibirds, they would take exception to that.... but no.....

Immersivle how would they know (if this was all real) who did it?

Just another dude in Power armor or wasteland rags. (IF they called it in before being shot down and IF they got a pic of you before being shot down and IF this pic was later picked up, even then how would thye know?)

I also dislike the Bod in FO4.

In FO1 , they were the good guys albeit a bit standoffish at first

in FO2 they were good guys 100%

In FO4 they are in the middle.

Sometiems I even wonder if maybe the BoS is the real reason the United States has not recovred?

I mean in 200 years we went form 1750 to 1950. a HUGE quantum jump in human quality of life with no info on how to do it

200 yrs in post apoc america nothing like that happend.

Despite remants of tech and infrastructre everywhere to jump start and accelerate development.

Could it be because the Bos would take all the tech and killed many of those who were holding it in the process of the battle for said tech?

I did.

Immersivle how would they know (if this was all real) who did it?

Just another dude in Power armor or wasteland rags. (IF they called it in before being shot down and IF they got a pic of you before being shot down and IF this pic was later picked up, even then how would thye know?)

I also dislike the Bod in FO4.

In FO1 , they were the good guys albeit a bit standoffish at first

in FO2 they were good guys 100%

In FO4 they are in the middle.

Sometiems I even wonder if maybe the BoS is the real reason the United States has not recovred?

I mean in 200 years we went form 1750 to 1950. a HUGE quantum jump in human quality of life with no info on how to do it

200 yrs in post apoc america nothing like that happend.

Despite remants of tech and infrastructre everywhere to jump start and accelerate development.

Could it be because the Bos would take all the tech and killed many of those who were holding it in the process of the battle for said tech?

Valid point, considering I don't generally leave survivors.... Though I don't always catch them before they deploy some of their ground forces..... No idea if I 'get' them all or not, every time.

BoS is likely a contributor to the fact that nothing much has happened in 210 years....... but, I don't think they are the sole cause. Maybe all the motivated people were killed off in the war, and all we are left with are the lazy do-nothings, that expect everyone else to take care of them. :D

BoS random encounter quests are a bit buggy (especially the Vertibird ones) so they can be one (of the most common) reason why one sees a BoS soldier at a settlement. Most of the time, these encounters are temporary so the game deletes them when their owner quests get stopped.