Edit/Delete fast travel locations

Hello!

I'm trying to remove specific fast travel locations (not all of them) from the main skyrim world.

My guess is to simply remove the XMarkerHeading from cells but this seems immensely tedious given the amount of locations I wish to delete, and also given my poor cumbersome handling of the CK and its cell editor!

Could all this be done quickly using xedit, rather than than using creation kit?

Could anyone give advice here? Thanks.

Hi,

The references you're looking for are actually 'MapMarker's. https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Map_Marker You can modify them in the creation kit, but iirc FastTravel can only be turned off at the worldspace level. Otherwise you'd have to remove (or 'disable') the mapmarkers you want to disable fasttravel on, but then they wouldn't appear on the map, or the compass. If you're only removing/disabling them, I'd probably still recommend using the creation kit though for this work. Most of them will have been renamed to something clearly identifiable.

Cheers - dafydd99

Oh yes, I see what you're saying.

But how exactly do you disable fast travel to a specific location without removing the entire marker? I just assumed it was part of XMarkerHeading without giving it much thought.

Where exactly do you "turn off" fast travel to a specific location?

I don't believe there is a way to stop fast travel to individual mapmarkers in a worldspace. I think greyday01's solution only stops fast travel FROM that cell not TO it. Happy to be proved wrong though.

Cheers - dafydd99

https://ck.uesp.net/wiki/EnableFastTravel_-_ObjectReference

To clarify: It is a built-in game mechanism that once you approach a map marker, its 'can fast travel to' property is set. You setting that in xEdit or CK only affects initial state of those markers. If you want them permanently unavailble for fast travel, you need to set up a script that would monitor for these markers being discovered and disable fast travel on them.

You could certainly do something like add this script to each of the mapmarkers you'd like to stop fast travelling to. This disables the fast travel to a mapmarker when the exterior cell it is in is no longer in memory (ie you've moved a couple of cells away). However, everytime you visited the location it would tell you you had discovered it again, it would look 'outlined' on the map, and you would still be able to fasttravel there when just a short distance away.

I'm afraid there's probably no elegant way to do this.

Scriptname RemoveFastTravelScript extends ObjectReference  

event oncelldetach()
	enableFastTravel(false)
endevent

No example really, but possible solutions:

A. Attach a small script to each of those markers. Have it monitor for an applicable event (OnTriggerEnter might work) and call EnableFastTravel(false) on self.

Scriptname TravelDisabler extends ObjectReference

EventOnTriggerEnter(ObjectReference akActionRef)
    Utility.Wait(1.0) ; give game time to enable the marker for fast travel
    EnableFastTravel(false)
EndEvent
B. Make a FormList of all the map marker references you want disabled. Have a running quest with a script attached to it. Something like:

Scriptname TravelDisabler extends Quest
FormList Property MapMarkers Auto

Event OnGameLoad()
    RegisterForMenu("MapMenu")
EndEvent

Event OnMenuOpen(String akMenuName)
    If akMenuName == "MapMenu"
        Int _idx = 0
        While _idx < MapMarkers.GetSize()
            (MapMarkers.GetAt(_idx) as ObjectReference).EnableFastTravel(false)
            _idx += 1
        EndWhile
    EndIf
EndEvent