Can I reapply a downloaded collection to a new install of Skyrim?

ScottCha

I downloaded a collection...20GB....I tried to apply it to the GOG version fo Skyrim and it doesn't work. I want to download and install the Steam version of Skyrim SE and reapply the collection. Is this possible? I live in a rural area and I have monthly caps on the amount of data I can download.

Skyrim will be around 15GB and really can't afford to burn another 20GB to re-download the same collection.

If this is possible, how do I do it? I can't see a way from within Vortex.

Thank you.

As long as the files in your download folder are exact matches for the files listed in the Collection they will be skipped at the downloading stage and your already downloaded files used instead.

This means that if you just start the install process for the Collection as normal for the Steam Skyrim install then Vortex will just keep going "already got that one" and skip each file as it comes up in the list. Just make sure you are using the same "revision" of the Collection so that all the files match.

That said, do you know why the install on GOG failed? Is it possible you just need to go back to an earlier version of the GOG game executable that is supported by SKSE64 or do you know that it is incompatible entirely?

II am not entirely familiar with how collection downloads are handled - if they are a single file or a bunch of individual mod files.

If you use Vortex, you can go to Settings- Download - is indicates which folder. So anything you downloaded, via Vortex, will be there. (Even files you downloaded manually from elsewhere and dropped into Vortex)

As long as the files in your download folder are exact matches for the files listed in the Collection they will be skipped at the downloading stage and your already downloaded files used instead.

This means that if you just start the install process for the Collection as normal for the Steam Skyrim install then Vortex will just keep going "already got that one" and skip each file as it comes up in the list. Just make sure you are using the same "revision" of the Collection so that all the files match.

That said, do you know why the install on GOG failed? Is it possible you just need to go back to an earlier version of the GOG game executable that is supported by SKSE64 or do you know that it is incompatible entirely?

Thank you showler....the GOG failed as it is version x.x.659 instead of x.x.640.

Eh....I should have read the instructions...it specifically says the GOG version won't work.

I've installed the Steam version and am currently re-applying the collection and it's using the collection files previously downloaded.