I/o Error 21

Raiix3
Go to solution Solved by vortexposer,

Well, since R is your optical drive, that's just not gonna work. :D Download folder can be anywhere you have space, staging folder MUST be on the same physical drive as the game you are modding.

i have all my Games installed on my R Drive and still have ~800GB free space ^^"

https://snipboard.io/Yqzgy7.jpg

If R is an actual HDD, then that should work just fine....

• Solution

since yesterday im getting this wierd error each time i opend vortex.... idont know what to do anymore... i tried reinstalling multiple times ( Vortex / Game ) but nothing i try seems to fix it... any idea or solutions..?

This error could be a misconfigured tool on dashboard set up by a collection. Check dashboard tab for ConfigTool, delete its link and reboot Vortex to see if error persists.

Edited by vortexposer

Well, since R is your optical drive, that's just not gonna work. :D Download folder can be anywhere you have space, staging folder MUST be on the same physical drive as the game you are modding.

i have all my Games installed on my R Drive and still have ~800GB free space ^^"

https://snipboard.io/Yqzgy7.jpg

If R is an actual HDD, then that should work just fine....

both are SSD´s and thats the thing... it should work just fine but for some odd reason it wont at all ^^" wich is why i tried reinstalling fallout 4 + vortex from 0 already

since yesterday im getting this wierd error each time i opend vortex.... idont know what to do anymore... i tried reinstalling multiple times ( Vortex / Game ) but nothing i try seems to fix it... any idea or solutions..?

This error could be a misconfigured tool on dashboard set up by a collection. Check dashboard tab for ConfigTool, delete its link and reboot Vortex to see if error persists.

Oml ur a goddamm god <3 never knew that there could be something on the dashboard or so like this... tired downloading a mod... and no error came up !! <3

• 3 months later...

Where is the misconfigured toolbar

Oml ur a goddamm god <3 never knew that there could be something on the dashboard or so like this... tired downloading a mod... and no error came up !! <3

this is happening since the latest version of nexus, there is al Litle tab that says; the data we collect, bla bla bla.

in my case the i/o 21 refers to games i have not played in years, that means vortex has been digging deep in my system

and collects data. So I had a lot of fun with nexus, but now it is clearly time to say good bye. some time ago good modders left nexus and

i understand now that greed has taken over.