End of year network review

Dark0ne

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite sure if it's possible to actually do this in a practical way, but have you thought about "hiring" users? testers, spokesmen, live bug-chat (and all sorts of problems). It would of course need to be people who would work for free, maybe give them a discount of premium (or free premium if they were dedicating enough).

I did make a suggestion during the december trouble, about adding a server status page with ETA's and current work in progress. It would greatly decrease the overheat of threads and questions in the live chat.

Hell, I'd even take care of posting minor updates about what's going on and adding some info like that for free, as long as you have some kind of voice-chat. Takes maybe a few minutes to write a decent official post about it, even though it only takes 20s to explain the ETA and what is currently being worked on. People does not see what happens in the back-end, but if they get a timer (perhaps two timers, one for minimum expected time and one for maximum expected) then they know that something is going on.

For the back-end team, it would take a lot of pressure off the lid if people would calm down. A decent "Server Status" page with updated info would help a lot to calm down and think quietly. it would also decrease the recurring questions in the live chat.

Shortly, if you need me I'll be glad to help with setting ETA's and posting short info's now and then. I may not be the best candidate for stress/bug-testing or anything, as I have never made any web-based stuff (or mods) - but I do have some experience with leadership.

Thanks for the updates, I think it is a very common problem for websites that grow very large, the base of them was not designed for massive data through puts, and so things like this year happen. Keep at it, most of us appreciate the work you guys do.

I love the Nexus, Skyrim just is not the same without the community. (I've played on PS3 as well) Thank you so much for that Dark0ne.

I do have one question, are there any sort of updates on the adult files bug going on? I'm not sure if there is a forum for it or not so if there is, I apologize and ask for a link so I can track it :P thank you

In response to post #10952994.

Hi Dark0ne,

i would like to say Thank You too.

Hopefully 2014 will be a better Year in your fight for a stable and quick server platform.

If you don't try, you can't fail, but you will never step forward. So please keep on trying!

Thanks

Tomkin64