⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Failed To Update Masterlist

ThunderRunner

Hey so I've installed the storywealth collection for fallout 4 on steam, but for some reason this error message keeps coming up. I've already put an exclusion for vortex on windows defender but I still get the error. I am currently using version 1.8.5 of vortex. Any help would be appreciated.

Over the years I have occasionally gotten this error but it didn't persist. After pressing X on the second pics warning and a Vortex reboot, does it recur?

For me it has been doing this the past 4 days, I have tried making vortex exceptions in my firewall, updating windows, switching to beta branch, uninstalling, reinstalling, installing previous versions of vortex which then updated to the current one, resetting my wi-fi adapter, installing the LOOT program, manually updating the masterlist and prelude, nothing has worked.

Edited by Guest

Okay. I've never needed to do it but did you try the procedure to fix by deleting its specific file shown in the 1st pic? It's also worth noting that if you're going to to try a full reinstall, that you should be using Vortex uninstall.exe and clear leftover folders in the AppData before a fresh install (which'll also delete that file) Edited by vortexposer

Hey so I've installed the storywealth collection for fallout 4 on steam, but for some reason this error message keeps coming up. I've already put an exclusion for vortex on windows defender but I still get the error. I am currently using version 1.8.5 of vortex. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you delete the masterlist file per the instructions in the error message?

Did you delete the masterlist file per the instructions in the error message?

I've tried deleting the masterlist file and manually replacing it but the error Still shows up.

Okay. I've never needed to do it but did you try the procedure to fix by deleting its specific file shown in the 1st pic? It's also worth noting that if you're going to to try a full reinstall, that you should be using Vortex uninstall.exe and clear leftover folders in the AppData before a fresh install (which'll also delete file in question)?

That was the first thing I tried, it just searches for the file and fails twice, then you get the same original message like OP says. Happens every time I open Vortex.

Edited by Guest

This has to be a Vortex problem. I got the same message with all my games this morning except Fallout 4. That masterlist updated (initially.) When I switched to another game & then back to Fallout 4, its masterlist failed to update.

(And yes, I've deleted the file as per instructions but the problem still persists.)

Edited by rlhart1234