COTN Issues - Missing .esb files

HollowOdey

I'm using Mod Organizer, the notifications tab says I have missing masters. Specifically COTN - Morthal.esp, COTN - Winterhold.esp, COTN Morthal - JK's Skyrim Patch.esp, COTN Winterhold - JK's Skyrim Patch.esp. They appear to be required by Lux and Lux Orbis. It's all downloaded and installed, but it just won't have it. Also, it looks like the COTN - Falkreath and Dawnstar require what looks like the stuff that was added to the game with AE.

ccBGSSSE001-Fish.esm
ccBGSSSE025-AdvDSGS.esm
ccQDRSSE001-SurvivalMode.esl
ccbgssse037-curios.esl
I was told the best option was to downgrade to version 1.5.97.0. But now I'm wondering if that was bad advice, seeing as those files are missing as well as the USSEP doesn't appear to support it anymore.

There is no publicly available version of USSEP for 1.5.97. Downgrading was an option for those who had an existing game setup that they wanted to continue playing with. The further we get from that particular version, the more difficult it will become to find new mods that work with that version of the game.

The best option is subjective of course. I would recommend just biting the bullet and stick with the current up-to-date version of the game. What you do is your decision.