Is there any mods that deals with raining thru outdoors roofs issue?

LordPalpatine2020

Is there any mods available that deals with the long lasting issue of raining thru outdoors roofs/canopies,overhead structures in Oblivion? And if there's no such mod available, could one be made?

• 4 months later...

Long ... long ... long... time ago there were a few modders discussing the matter.

If memory serves, one of them was close to a generic solution, but I don't remember more than that.

At the time I tried my hand, just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZiTu296zag

But it is not practical. A lot of work to rig a single shack.

If possible please could you explain how you achieved it in that video or point me in the right direction with the CS? I notice the rain problem in the Summitist Manor entrance and every time I see it I wonder how difficult it would be to code the game so rain doesn't fall through solid structures. I'm still learning the CS but I imagine the easiest solution would be to delete the droplets that fall over the space that should appear clear of rain but I have no idea if that is even possible. If I can work out how to do it I'll finally be able to stay dry in the manor alcove.

At the time, someone said that the rain is just a "kind of screen" placed in front of the camera", not an actual mesh in the game.

One of the modders was trying to detect if the player was under some kind of roof, not so easy as many of the possible 'roofs' do not even have collision data.

What I did for that proof of concept video was to put a trigger box around the shack, so the script would know whether the player was in or out.

If the player was OUT, the rain would be normal. If IN, the script changed the weather to 'no rain'.

I also placed some vanilla meshes that looked like waterfall at the edges of the roof.

Some other things that may or may not help:

It only rains in exterior worldspaces (I don't remember if this is the term used), not in interior worldspaces. When you cross a door, you are teleported to an interior worldspace where the interior of the house is built.

Some modders where working on creating houses in the exterior, so you could look out the window and see NPCs passing by.

One of their problems was the rain. If any of them finished and published such a mod, you may check how the 'rain problem' was solved.

• 1 month later...