pluggy? or something else

I would like to save some settings in .ini or other type of file and be able to load it.

I found out there is pluggy but Ive read a lot that its not recommended. Something about that it's very buggy.

Is there other option or do I have no other choice?

Well, recent versions of OBSE contains most functionality of Pluggy (including my old 21.4), regarding fields and strings, making it quite obsolete. However, if your ini settings are simple, you can create simple batch script consisting of set commands only in a form of text file, and then load it at a right time using RunBatchScript (similar to vanilla bat) command. Of course, such file will be editable only by external editor, but you don't need to use extra plugin and for editing you can use something simple like Notepad.

RunBatchScript command can be used for example this way:

if FileExists "Data\ini\my-ini-file.ini"
   RunBatchScript "Data\ini\my-ini-file.ini"
endif

Just a notice, author of Engine Bug Fixes said that this command has some bugs in old OBSE and his plugin fixes them. For most recent version of xOBSE I saw a comment that this fix needs to be disabled, propably because these are fixed now by developers.

Edit: Sorry, that comment was for another fix (to be precise for handling created objects (like your statue in Bruma) when changing mod load order - "bInstallLoadCreatedBaseObjectsFix=0"), so for this commands you propably still need this fix enabled.

Edited by RomanR

Well, recent versions of OBSE contains most functionality of Pluggy (including my old 21.4), regarding fields and strings, making it quite obsolete. However, if your ini settings are simple, you can create simple batch script consisting of set commands only in a form of text file, and then load it at a right time using RunBatchScript (similar to vanilla bat) command. Of course, such file will be editable only by external editor, but you don't need to use extra plugin and for editing you can use something simple like Notepad.

RunBatchScript command can be used for example this way:

if FileExists "Data\ini\my-ini-file.ini"
   RunBatchScript "Data\ini\my-ini-file.ini"
endif

Just a notice, author of Engine Bug Fixes said that this command has some bugs in old OBSE and his plugin fixes them. For most recent version of xOBSE I saw a comment that this fix needs to be disabled, propably because these are fixed now by developers.

Edit: Sorry, that comment was for another fix (to be precise for handling created objects (like your statue in Bruma) when changing mod load order - "bInstallLoadCreatedBaseObjectsFix=0"), so for this commands you propably still need this fix enabled.

Thanks, I will look at that.

Btw, I have a question on kinda different topic but maybe you could know the answer.

I used to(years ago) use plugin for obse, AddActorValues. I was testing it and was able to make a new skill with it. But now I can't really make it work. Also it seem a skill addon for unarmored also can't work for me https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/49555

The script with Ifplugininstalled for AddActorValues giving a msg that its not found.

Its unfixable? Or do I do something wrong.

Edit, ok nvm. It seems. Plugins for OBSE cant work if installed with mod organizer

Edited by Mythless69