Morrowindstyle

CHASE6

Hi All,

Im playing Legacy of the Champion. I also installed COBL as per the requirement. Since then, whenever I change cell, I get this cell change message containing the term morrowindstyle. I dont see anything in COBL config to disable this message. Most odd. Any ideas? Thanks.

Yes, this message comes really from Pellape's mod and it seems this comes from its book debug mode, which he propably forgot to switch off. Is this message starting with "Cell changed MorrowindStyle and we are in ..." ? Try going into console and type "set PekBookQST.DebugBooks to 0". It should switch off this message and various other printed to console too.

Edited by RomanR

Yes, this message comes really from Pellape's mod and it seems this comes from its book debug mode, which he propably forgot to switch off. Is this message starting with "Cell changed MorrowindStyle and we are in ..." ? Try going into console and type "set PekBookQST.DebugBooks to 0". It should switch off this message and various other printed to console too.

Hi RomanR, thanks for the suggestion. That is the message I receive. However, the console command did not correct this, sadly.

Sorry to hear that. Sadly I can't load HobbitHome.esp to my Construction Set right due the lack of installed mods, hence missing needed masters, so I was forced to use more directly means. Still I was able to find this condition:

Scn PekBurglarTrackindgscript
    if (PekBookQst.DebugBooks == 1)
       MessageEX "Cell changed MorrowindStyle and we are in %i %n", CellLastRound, CellLastRound
       PrintToConsole "Cell changed MorrowindStyle and we are in %i %n", CellLastRound, CellLastRound
    EndIf

It's used in this script and some others to show this message and to print various messages into the console. If disabling this flag didn't help, maybe there is something to keep it on ... ah, here it is - script named PekBookQSTSCR which is setting this flag right after begin GameMode command. So it seems that you must use Construction Set to disable this command by changing this script, simple change in console will not be enough - it will set it to 1 again. Sadly if it fails, I can't help you more and you must look into scripts yourself.

Edit: I completely overlooked the Scrips dir, where all scripts are also in text form. Still, I found that the DebugBooks flag is really set in PekBookQSTSCR only and other scripts is using this to print console messages without changing this flag further.

Edited by RomanR

Sorry to hear that. Sadly I can't load HobbitHome.esp to my Construction Set right due the lack of installed mods, hence missing needed masters, so I was forced to use more directly means. Still I was able to find this condition:

Scn PekBurglarTrackindgscript
    if (PekBookQst.DebugBooks == 1)
       MessageEX "Cell changed MorrowindStyle and we are in %i %n", CellLastRound, CellLastRound
       PrintToConsole "Cell changed MorrowindStyle and we are in %i %n", CellLastRound, CellLastRound
    EndIf
It's used in this script and some others to show this message and to print various messages into the console. If disabling this flag didn't help, maybe there is something to keep it on ... ah, here it is - script named PekBookQSTSCR which is setting this flag right after begin GameMode command. So it seems that you must use Construction Set to disable this command by changing this script, simple change in console will not be enough - it will set it to 1 again. Sadly if it fails, I can't help you more and you must look into scripts yourself.

RomanR, thanks so much for looking into this, I really appreciate it. The fix is beyond any capabilities I have, but I will forward this to Pellape and ask for an update to the mod. Cheers!

Yes, it is a debug message really. I am not playing nor modding Oblivion right now so if you have CS, just set the variable DebugBooks variable in the questscript PekBookQst to 0 and that variable is in the top of that script if I recall right. I do check often what cell I was in as I did need that info very often, for some reason which I forgot why... It has to do with the book collections.

If this was an Alpha release, I would correct it. It is still and will most likely ever be an early Beta. See the versionnumber. :D I still need it if I continue with this mod and who knows what happens later on?

Edited by Pellape

Hi, I installed CS, as per Pellape. That said, I've never used it and have no idea where to even start. Could someone provide a list of steps for how I would make this edit, please? Thanks.