Nexus Mod Manager plans, answers and if you're a coder, we want yo

Dark0ne

In response to post #11064607. #11064732 is also a reply to the same post.

Click on the Settings icon. Then click Download Options. I just set mine to Euro servers because US servers seem to be having more frequent issues.

If the auto-downloader doesn't want to work I manually down-load the zip file to a documents folder and then have NMM install it.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of now, whenever I want to download a mod the dreaded "server unreachable" came.

Apart from that, NMM have difficulties managing multiple downloads. If you download 5 big mods at once, you are most likely fail the download.

But NMM has great resume feature, so that you don't have to start over again. That feature is really great, and one of my factors in using NMM. NMM is the best thing for now, it's not really good, but it's the best.

Apart from my small complaints, NMM works really good. I never have problem installing/uninstalling a mod using NMM. NMM really solve problems for people who don't understand how to mod manually. So in that sense, NMM has successfully solve a problem (helping user to mod), but they still need to improve on other factors.

If at all financially possible, can you remove autoplay video ads? That kind of stuff makes me really want to remove the whitelisting from adblock. Very annoying when you have a couple of mod tabs open, listen to music and suddenly an ad plays in the background and you have no idea which tab is causing it. Edited by Niklass

In response to post #11067753. #11067778 is also a reply to the same post.

Unfortunately intention doesn't always show through in the written word.

If your constructive comments are being misconstrued as malicious. Pro active suggestions for solutions may come across better.

I hope U guys can resolve this misunderstanding. Hopefully with benefit to the community.

Trix

In response to post #11064103.

yea it is worrying. I hated having to manually download and then drag everything into the NMM to install because i wont be able to see the latest version of the mod that way. Not to mention i used to get 2x as much speed via NMM.

If u ask me, i rather have 0.46 NMM rolled back into 0.44, back when NMM isnt 'supporting all games'. Because i nvr had such errors then. Edited by mclericp

If you manually download a mod from the Nexus and drag and drop it in to NMM then NMM will know what mod it is and will show you the latest version of the mod. I just tested it again and it works exactly the same way as if you'd use the "Download with NMM" button.

The key point is it obviously has to be downloaded from the Nexus and not from the Workshop or another site for it to work this way.