Do you Smoke or Drink Skooma in Tamriel? Thoughts?

JoArgo

Id like to get peoples opinions on Skooma in the game Skyrim and whether it is perceived as it should be

In the game Skyrim, Skooma is shown in a bottle and when taken makes a drinking sound. So in Skyrim and Oblivion, Skooma is drunk... But on The Elder Scrolls Wiki it states, and I quote... "Skooma is a potion produced from moonsugar. It is a highly addictive narcotic, and its users pass through bouts of euphoria followed by protracted lethargy. It is smoked in a special pipe; the crystals are placed in a small dish and heated. The gas produced is bubbled through water in the pipe to cool it as it is inhaled." This showed that the Lore part of the story shows them smoking it rather then drinking, all I could think of is the access water they drink that forms in the pipe. to drink that would be disgusting.

So my main question, if there were other plans for a Skyrim game, other then TES Online, should that add the pipe and have you smoke the Skooma, or should they just have you drink it.

In my opinion I wish they add the smoke animation, because that would be a cool thing to show off, and could be good for people who make Skyrim Machinima. Whats your thoughts?

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Page (UESP) states this under the "Use" category:

"Skooma is smoked using skooma pipes or ingested without paraphernalia by drinking it in its liquid form. Moon Sugar can be eaten for a small kick"

I don't bother with skooma. It heals as much as a minor stamina potion but hell I don't even need those. I can just throw a healing spell to heal stamina.

Edited by Guest

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Page (UESP) states this under the "Use" category:

"Skooma is smoked using skooma pipes or ingested without paraphernalia by drinking it in its liquid form. Moon Sugar can be eaten for a small kick"

I don't bother with skooma. It heals as much as a minor stamina potion but hell I don't even need those. I can just throw a healing spell to heal stamina.

yeah I know I don't use them ether, I have them as a decoration for my house, but I get really into the Khajiit lore so having moonsugar and Skooma around just adds to the roleplay for me

They should definitely add the pipe and smoke animation. It would add another level to gameplay but also to the visuals.

exactly what im saying, it would make people who roleplay the game, have a bit extra to do. if not im sure there is a mod out there, If not eh im open to try new things, ill try to make a mod

Can you actually roleplay in skyrim, lol? WIth the countless bugs around and uneven combat.

yeah you can, and there arnt that many bugs, the only one I keep getting with is, the one where the giants kill you and you just fly up in the air rapidly, and yes. what u can do is chose a race and learn about it, act as if you were actually that character. for example, if u were khajiit, you would focus more on sneaking around pickpocketing, and attacking bare handed. If you chose the rank of a orc, try to use heavy 2 handed weapons with heavy armour, and don't enter and main city unless it is for the main quest line. If u need more ideas there are tons on this website that cant honestly add more hours to the game, and add various levels of difficulty and challenges. http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Skyrim:Roleplaying_Challenges

Skooma? Never touch the stuff, but I make a pretty penny seling any of it I come across.

Now Sleeping Tree Sap, on the other hand... that's got a bit of a kick. I had some on my Wood Elf ranger when she was taking out a vampire nest she stumbled into. Things got a little hectic so she drank it as a last-ditch heal. Dual blades cut a swath through the bloodsuckers in a dreamlike haze. Always try to keep a little on me now.

And did someone mention smoking?

Guest deleted5414843

There were skooma pipes in Morrowind - IIRC Caius Cosades had one lying around in his room, and you could even brew potions in them instead of using a mortar & pestle. So yes, skooma can definitely be smoked; I suppose it depends on the method of refining whether you get the drinkable or smokable version.

I never used it much in vanilla Skyrim except for roleplaying purposes, but these days I'm playing with Requiem which changes skooma to give a huge boost to one-handed/two-handed/stamina for a short time (balanced by stunted stamina regeneration afterwards) that has saved my life in more than one boss fight, so I make sure to always keep a bottle or two of the stuff with me.