• Lhammonds
    • AlienSlof
    • Bben46
    • Stampede
    • Switch
    • SerpentofShadows
    • Malchik
    • Povuholo
  2. 2. Who is your favorite awesome leader?

• Dark0ne!!!
  3. 3. Who do you think SHOULD be a moderator?

• vicICE
    • Vagrant0
    • Hel Borne
    • GDarknight
    • My evil cat named Mikay
    • I don't know these people.
    • I like the moderators we have, and am comfortable with just them.
    • Dezdimona

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, boy, a toughie. I haven't really been here long enough. The top four mods listed are very difficult to choose from. I won't say who I voted for ... :whistling:

I also understand that this may be seen as a popularity contest. I am glad actual Mods are not chosen this way, but inasmuch as we make up the constituency and "customer" base of this site, I presume our feedback is important ... or at least somewhat entertaining? Maybe with a gram of salt ... maybe?

Definitely voted for Dezi as a potential new Mod.

• 4 weeks later...

First of all, sorry to bring back to life this almost a month thread. But not too long to be considered thread necromancy.

Who is my favorite moderator ? Bben46, he likes to help people here, but I loved the others too.

Who's your leader ? Dark0ne !!! (There aren't others.)

Who supposed to be a moderator ? Vagrant0, he explain something VERY detailed, he can post something here in paragraphs, and got amazing modding skills too. My second choice is vicICE or Dezdimona.

Sorry to bump this, it's an interesting topic.

I didn't vote for anyone...they are all horrible choices! Especially those first two! Can't stand either one of them. Looks like that AK47 dude is a fanboi so go ahead and strike his vote since it shouldn't count. LOL.

Funny poll. But one I'd really be interested to see is a topic that asks people who they think would be their top-3 picks to BECOME moderators and why you think they should be picked. Once the names of the most frequently mentioned / qualified members are picked, then plop them into a poll for a popularity contest (again, all for fun).

Maybe even have one that is not designed so much as a popularity poll but a skills-test poll. Such as the finalists having their own polls that weigh how well they seem to do in various categories:

• Amount of time on forums
  • Knowledge of the force modding
  • Helpful nature in posts
  • Ability to crush trolls without developing forum neurosis
  • Ability to handle stressful situations with grace
  • Knows the forum rules (by heart)
  • Can recite the ToS by memory (used when quoting -- right?)

I'd also like to point out that AlienSlof and I are in different categories (well, I may only be a subset of hers). I am somewhat of a technical geek who dabbles in somewhat "passable" artwork modifications whereas AlienSlof is a true artist that can create amazing things by just imagining them and making them come to life in 2D and now in 3D!

Dark0ne was very particular in his choosing of moderators to make sure he grabbed people with skills in different areas (which any good manager will do) rather than getting people that all think and have the same skills as yourself. He is able to bounce networking ideas off buddah and practically restore any files that was ever uploaded to the site (don't know how he can keep up), I can help answer mod-creation issues, bben is knowledgable in many things technical and has a calm intelligent head on his shoulders and AlienSlof...well, she's eye candy. Oh, and she did some moderating on other small sites...PES? But I think you get the point of what I am trying to say. :thumbsup:

Cheers!

LHammonds

I didn't vote for anyone...they are all horrible choices! Especially those first two! Can't stand either one of them. Looks like that AK47 dude is a fanboi so go ahead and strike his vote since it shouldn't count. LOL.
Who's the AK47 dude ?
* Amount of time on forums

* Knowledge of the force modding

* Helpful nature in posts

* Ability to crush trolls without developing forum neurosis

* Ability to handle stressful situations with grace

* Knows the forum rules (by heart)

* Can recite the ToS by memory (used when quoting -- right?)

I spend quite a lot of time in the forums, usually I play my Wii and wait for new posts. And, I have quite experience in BANNING (FOR FUN). Can that make me a moderator ?

Just kidding. :P :P :P :P

• 4 weeks later...
Who's the AK47 dude ?

me :blink: ???? lol