Zenimax media acquires Id-Software.

Pronam

Do you like this combo?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think about this acquisition?

• Cool, I like the idea.
    • They shouldn't have done that..
    • I don't know, I guess its ok
    • I don't know, but maybe Id-Software shouldn't have done that.
    • Other..

Read the press-statement here.. Link

Zenimax media is the big brother of Bethesda Softworks. We know Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout3 from it.

Id-Software is from Doom, Quake and Wolfenstein.

What a combo eh?

How do you think about it?

but it will...

well the two worked close together somehow yet as one can see in all those beth-blog news about splash damage

but to be hoest zenisucks is a bunch of *censored*ers... they are solely responsible for turning the great concept of daggerfall into a piece of console crap step by step...

everyone who played morrowind agrees that oblivion is rather medicore in comparision, and fallout is even less enjoyable and wholesome...

the more zenisucks strives for wealth the smaller, cheaper and less original their games get... its a shame

they are solely responsible for turning the great concept of daggerfall into a piece of console crap step by step...

Yes, Daggerfall was pretty disappointing, as it's major fault was that it relied too heavily on random computer generation. Got dull after a while.

everyone who played morrowind agrees that oblivion is rather medicore in comparision

Can't quite refute that, either.

I'm relying on the fact that id is working independently. If Zenimax gets involved, well, that changes things.

I don't know what to think of it, honestly.

id is a company whose games I used to enjoy. Doom and Doom 2 were great. Doom 3? Meh. Bethesda is a company I've only recently come to know through Oblivion and Fallout 3. I never played the previes TES (or Fallout) games. I enjoy both Obli and FO3 thoroughly though.

Maybe I should try and get my hands on Morrowind and FO1/2, huh?

I don't know if it's a good thing for Id but it may be a good way for Beth to wean itself off the Gamebryo engine. that is one thing that Id fans have loved is the capability of the inhouse game engines

I guess other than that I'll wait & see.