Why censor and remove harmless mods?

Hadrijan

Ok, simple question.

Why remove mods that do no harm?

Simpler, why remove the Starfield mods that remove the California cult pronouns?

It's harmless, and it is a personal choice whether someone wants to use it or not? If you agree with the cult, don't download it. And those who don't, do? Isn't that the foundation of freedom of personal expression? What someone chooses to have on their mod list is up to them and no one else. They bought the game and if they want to play it in a certain way, it is their choice to do so.

To prevent that freedom is the very definition of fascistic censorship and thought control.

P.S.

I don't even live in the US, I'm in Eastern Europe and to me pronouns are insulting and in my culture and language we don't even have anything more than male, female and neutral is used to dehumanize like calling someone not even a human but an object. So why can't the cult accept my cultural identity and views? When I don't want to view something as not human?

And if you argue against that point, you're a hypocrite.

• Like 1

Ok, simple question.

Why remove mods that do no harm?

Simpler, why remove the Starfield mods that remove the California cult pronouns?

It's harmless, and it is a personal choice whether someone wants to use it or not? If you agree with the cult, don't download it. And those who don't, do? Isn't that the foundation of freedom of personal expression? What someone chooses to have on their mod list is up to them and no one else. They bought the game and if they want to play it in a certain way, it is their choice to do so.

To prevent that freedom is the very definition of fascistic censorship and thought control.

P.S.

I don't even live in the US, I'm in Eastern Europe and to me pronouns are insulting and in my culture and language we don't even have anything more than male, female and neutral is used to dehumanize like calling someone not even a human but an object. So why can't the cult accept my cultural identity and views? When I don't want to view something as not human?

And if you argue against that point, you're a hypocrite.

Not doing your viewpoint -- such as it is -- any favors by referring to people who disagree with you as a "cult"

Well, forcing one's ideology on to others with ever-changing, shifting rules and guidelines IS cult behavior, so I'm in every right to call it as such.

I advocate freedom of self-expression without forcing one's ideals on to others, and that is exactly what is happening on this site.

In the past, I felt bad for not being able to support the site with my meager financial means, yet now I'm actually happy that I never gave any money to a site that suppresses freedom and bends the knee to the California cultists.

• Like 1