Copy output of commands or export it to a file

DathusBR

There is the command SCOF or setconsoleouputfile.

That should in theory work to copy all the output of commands to a text file.

But running it before the command like player.inv or after, Does not generate a text file, or write to an one.

You can try SCOF file or SCOF file.txt, SCOF "file.txt", SCOF "D:\file.txt".

It never works.

On skyrim there is a skse mod that allows to export running like player.inv > "file.txt".

Would be cool a mod that fixes that command, Or replicates the output with ">" like that mod.

Or if anybody knows how to make the SCOF command work, If needs some variable or command before it to work.

It seems that is a debug function that never worked, or nobody knows how to make it work, it does not work in fallout 4 or skyrim or starfield.

And in starfield is misspelled, supposed to be setconsoleoutputfile not setconsoleouputfile.

I like that because I would like to export all my items from one save to another, specially useful to copy your items between new game plus, that resets your inventory.

Edited by DathusBR

The setconsoleouputfile documentation for Fallout 3 indicates that it writes a file into the game installation folder, but as you noted it appears to have been disabled in newer games (at least in the retail builds).

The misspelling was also present in the Fallout 3 version of the command.

I see, good to know