Zippy Zip-A-Long

Maharg67

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE COSMIC OPERA

CHAPTER FOUR

The Emperor sat in his small casual throne and looked broodingly out of a castle type window at the sky. A songbird sat on a high branch of a big old tree outside and looking upon it, he smiled. Then he laughed a small, cruel laugh, and caused a small fireball to form burning in his right. He went to hurl the fireball at the songbird, to destroy it. But he gasped and shuddered, the fireball vanished, as the Eternal Champion thrust her magical silver/golden broadsword through his chest.

Blood exploded from his gaping mouth as he stared in shock at her.

She sighed. "Did you really think you had us fooled all those months. I would have questioned you about the location of the real Emperor but firstly you would not know the truth and, secondly, we found his body. The Emperor was weak willed, a man who was better tending a cottage garden than an empire, but he was a good hearted man who did not deserve to die the terrible way that he did."

The doppelganger went to grin, thinking perhaps it would escape to the False Hells, but then it screamed some more as the real Hell reached out and claimed his soul with the spiritual freezing breath of the Blue Ice Realm.

The songbird flew into the room, turned into a pixie, a cute female figure, standing on a table. She pouted. "You can play decoy to a doppelganger wizard next time. He could have singed my lovely wings."

The Eternal Champion bowed briefly. "Forgive me, Fortuna, it was remiss of me to ask you to do what you had already insisted that you should do because you did not want to be left out of the adventure."

The pixie was decent enough to look properly embarrassed.

The great female warrior, who had once helped to save the Empire, went to the window and looked out towards the super/mutant army. "I have been to the world that these creatures came from."

"Nothing about you surprises me now." The pixie sighed. "I don't suppose it was nice."

The Eternal Champion shrugged. "It varied because I went to different places at different times. These monsters should not be here. I spoke falsehoods to the false Emperor in order for him to drop his guard, to become over confident. The sons of the real Emperor are not good Emperor material and the daughter is not to be trusted for it is she who has too many links to the surviving remnants of the Mythic Dawn."

"It all fuddles my head, all your human funny business." The pixie sighed. "We Little People are so straight forward."

The Eternal Champion snorted. "You forget that I am been of the Little People and have known of the court intricasies of the Magical Empire. There is much to do. Firstly we must continue to undo the damage that the false Emperor managed to do during his time on the throne. I need the assistance of the Blades and the Mages Guild along with that of the magical good folk."

The pixie beamed. "Magical good folk like us pixies."

She shook her head. "You pixies are more like the magical mildly criminal folk."

Fortuna pouted again.

Edited by Maharg67

Of course, Herculine, Little People like you are wonderful

:thumbsup:

do you like the desktop? I like to change the pictures now and then.

THE COSMIC OPERA

CHAPTER FIVE

When the German soldiers came through a rift, they did so with World War Two equipment for they were from fighting in Europe. In jackboots and grey uniforms, in black steel helmets, the soldiers charged into the landscape of Cyrodiil. They came with assault-rilfes, submachineguns and bolt-action rifles. They came with war-machines of many kinds from big Panther tanks with sloping fronts and big cannons to half track vehicles carrying soldiers and even crude helicopters.

With them came German refugees in a long sorry convoy of a few trucks and buses but many more horse drawn wagons or people on foot.

Then they halted on the west coast close to the northern border of Cyrodiil. Field Marshal Rommel called together his highest ranking officers and his aides along with the representatives of the refugees. Far from being a fool, the Field Marshal knew that while the weather was still fair that soon autumn would come and then winter. They knew this from capturing some local villagers and goblins.

Rommel stood looking out over an alien ocean as his men brought into the command tent the Nazi political officer. The man struggled with futile arrogance and anger. "Hitler himself will hear of this, you hear. Hitler himself! The party already suspects you of being a traitor."

The commander turned, sighed, took out a semiautomatic pistol and shot the Nazi neatly in the forehead. The two infantry privates grinned and let the dead man fall to the ground. Nobody liked the man and everybody realised that the Nazis had no power on this new world, even the Nazis in the expedition except for the one fool who had just died. Rommel sighed and spoke.

"Strip him naked. Even his underclothes can be used as oil rags after they are suitably washed. We need everything we can get. I want a party sent back through the rift. It is very slowly closing but we can bring more refugees, more supplies and equipment through. We need horses and livestock. We need artisans who can craft more basic goods as they use on this world. Our ammo will start to run short. We will need to learn to use crossbows and bows. We must know more about the magic of this world. Not only that but the monsters of this world."

They had not hurt their captives, not even the nasty smelly goblins.

Rommel looked out to sea again and he gave a start for in the distance was a sailing ship, a big galleon style vessel, slipping gracefully over the waves. He raise his powerful and finely made German binoculars to his eyes and took a closer look.

TO BE CONTINUED AS THE PLOT THICKENS LIKE STEW WITH THICKENER PUT IN IT

Edited by Maharg67