Vortex

x82nd77

I was wondering how well Vortex does with installing mods for Starfield. Should I use it at all or manually install mods as I go?

Thanks!

For now, I would manually install..... Vortex ain't quite up to the task yet. :D

I gave vortex a rapid try at 4.0 release, it was a disaster. HeyYou and many users mention issues and an overall bad job at managing mods and a clean state of the game. So yes either a manual management or Mod Organizer 2, I'm using it and it's fantastic.

For instance, these 2 videos should help you to take a serene start with it

Edited by dosedela

Thanks for the replies. I tried out both yesterday for a while (uninstalling and reinstalling is just too fun) and yikes... Vortex didn't do much well. MO2 took me a good hour to understand why my mods weren't showing up as installed when it wasn't running but did better but still messed up most of the CCR files for some reason. Manual is still king I guess.

I understand, it ask some investment when you start using it, but you will earn a lot of time on the long term.
Once you have figured out how it works, you can no longer live without the functions it offers like activate / deactivate a mod in a single clic or modifying priority order with simple drags and drops for instance. Maybe later ;)