[WIP] D.E.A.D.L.Y - Preview and Brainstorming

Sdesser

I'd say you're becoming a feature creep. How does this city relate to your hate for the vanilla archery system?

The arrow system is actually only a secondary feature of the mod. Me and my friend came up with the idea kind of at the early stages of the mods lifespan, but since it seems to fit quite well in the atmosphere of a thief / rogue style city, we decided to include it in the whole mod instead of releasing it separately. This way we're able to embed the arrows in the story and quests of the overall mod.

TL;DR Idea for the city came first. Arrows second.

• 1 month later...

The project is officially frozen until the start of summer.

I'm way too busy with my university studies to have any time left over to work on the mod.

If at all possible, I'll continue to work on the project once my summer holiday begins.

Until then, happy gaming! See you all soon!

• 1 month later...

Looks very good, I hope work on this continues!

Good luck :smile:

Thanks! To be honest, I can't wait to start modding again, so it's highly likely that work will indeed continue, around the start of June or so.

I'll keep this post updated when work resumes!

Hello, this project looks interesting, I also love your big city. But I have a technical question. You are looking for people to build your dungeons/interiors... do they work on their side with CK and then you merge their work into your own ESP ? I ask this because I have an enormous project on going, but I don't know how teamwork works on Skyrim Nexus. Thanks for your answer and good luck to you all :)

• 6 months later...

Hello, this project looks interesting, I also love your big city. But I have a technical question. You are looking for people to build your dungeons/interiors... do they work on their side with CK and then you merge their work into your own ESP ? I ask this because I have an enormous project on going, but I don't know how teamwork works on Skyrim Nexus. Thanks for your answer and good luck to you all :smile:

I'm sorry for not getting back to you on this, haven't been working on the mod for a long time and thus not been reading the forums.

Though, work continues. Slow but steady.

At the moment, I'm still working on it completely alone. I've experimented with combining plugins into master files. It's pretty simple actually and seems to work perfectly. If someone wants to add content to your mod, they simply need to make their additions in their own plugin file which you can then combine into the master file.

Everything is very well explained in this YouTube video:

Click!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm setting up a new install on a new computer and would love to add the D.E.A.D.L.Y. mod to my new game! Any idea how long we will have to wait for its release?

It's still far far away I'm afraid. Haven't gotten around to start messing around in the Creation Kit, but it's been on my mind many many times. I'll probably start working on it soon again.

But you shouldn't wait on your new game for this one, it's still long time coming. Hopefully I can get it finished this year, but no promises. :smile:

Also been adding small little features from time to time. Just things I've developed because I think they make the game more fun. Okay.. I guess I can give a little taste of one or two:

- A new horse named 'Nightfell'. Is basically the same as Shadowmere, but it's summonable the same way as Arvak from Dawnguard. Super cool and handy!

- Whole new armor sets and weapons with unique enchantments that fit especially well on a Sneaky Character. Different variants for low and high difficulty levels.

- Sniping Bow: Super slow to draw, but deals massive damage. Great for those sneaky shots to take out opponents with one shot, but you don't want to get caught in combat with this thing.. It's sloooooow.

- Few super effective - but expensive / hard to craft - elemental poisons you can apply on all of your weapons - or plant on the target if you have the appropriate perk - in addition to the new arrows.

+ lots of other things that I'll leave for the players to discover once the mod goes live. :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

I decided to finally make a new development progress trailer.

Still lots to do, but I've also done quite a lot and wanted to let people know what I've been up to

• 3 weeks later...

To Korodic

I love feature creeps:-)

Do not forget the ancient archers we read stories about that shot down immensely small targets on long distances or sent messages to neighbour tribes when attacked by enemies. Read Snorre and get your mind lifted some to the honour of former archery! He, he (that means lol).

Sdesser, I have a dungeon under the "Tropical Queen of Solitude"-quest that will be available for a quest like yours.

Do not mind the "accessoires" they are just for my project. I or anyone can dwelve into the cave and redesign it for your purpose. Just an idea!