⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Baldur's Gate 3 update for Vortex (now live)

insomnious
Go to solution Solved by TymIoo,

After my test, vortex no longer supports the loading method of placing mods directly in the %AppData%\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\Mods. Please delete them.

This is the way...

Anyone getting the mod load order error, do this.

• Close Vortex
  • Goto %AppData%\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\Mods
  • Delete everything in that folder
  • Open Vortex and Deploy Mods
  • goto Load Order and reorder your mods (they'll be ordered alphabetically)
  • Umm.. profit I guess?!?

What I mean is, do‘t put any mods in the “%AppData%\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\Mods” folder that have not been installed by vortex.
Before 1.3.7, some mods can be placed there directly and take effect.After 1.3.7, an error will be reported.
You must to install the mods with special installation methods by vortex "install from file".

Vortex ver: 1.9.5 (Latest, Stable)
BG3 Extension Ver: 1.3.7 (Latest)

The error notification reads "Failed Load order Operation"

When More is clicked under more details it shows the following:

Details:

TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'id')

at C:\Users\josep\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\plugins\Vortex Extension Update - Baldur's Gate 3 v1.3.7\loadOrder.js:122:36
at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
at C:\Users\josep\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\plugins\Vortex Extension Update - Baldur's Gate 3 v1.3.7\loadOrder.js:119:23
at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
at fulfilled (C:\Users\josep\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\plugins\Vortex Extension Update - Baldur's Gate 3 v1.3.7\loadOrder.js:28:58)
at tryCatcher (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\util.js:16:23)
at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:547:31)
at Promise._settlePromise (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:604:18)
at Promise._settlePromise0 (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:649:10)
at Promise._settlePromises (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:729:18)
at _drainQueueStep (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:93:12)
at _drainQueue (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:86:9)
at Async._drainQueues (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:102:5)
at Async.drainQueues (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:15:14)
Purging seems to successfully delete the mods from the games mod folder but this is not reflected in the vortex client.

As a result when redeployed the mods come back to the games mod folder but again, no changes from before the initial purge have been reflected in the vortex client.

I have tried manually deleting the mods from the game folder then redeploying but again, same result.

I have tried Purging the mods, restarting Vortex, redeploying yet still the exact same as above happens.

I have tried manually deleting the mods from the game folder, restarting vortex and redeploying but you can probably guess what the result is by now.

While all mods installed and deployed to the load order prior to the extension release of 1.3.7 are functioning in game I am unable to add new mods to the game which is a little bit frustrating.

Is there a fix for this as of yet? If not is there a rough ETA? No particular rush there's just a couple of dope looking mods released after the extension update that I would like to implement into my game but I'm not able to deploy them to the load order as the load order seems to be unable to update from the order it was in before the extension update.

If there is no current fix is there a way to roll back to the previous functioning extension update?

Thanks!

I have been playing BG3 since it came out, using Vortex, without any issues until the extension update the other day.

Since Vortex update to 1.3.7 I am getting the following error

at C:\Users\nesho\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\plugins\Vortex Extension Update - Baldur's Gate 3 v1.3.7\loadOrder.js:122:36
at C:\Users\nesho\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\plugins\Vortex Extension Update - Baldur's Gate 3 v1.3.7\loadOrder.js:119:23
at fulfilled (C:\Users\nesho\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\plugins\Vortex Extension Update - Baldur's Gate 3 v1.3.7\loadOrder.js:28:58)
at tryCatcher (E:\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\util.js:16:23)
at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (E:\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:547:31)
at Promise._settlePromise (E:\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:604:18)
at Promise._settlePromise0 (E:\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:649:10)
at Promise._settlePromises (E:\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:729:18)
at _drainQueueStep (E:\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:93:12)
at _drainQueue (E:\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:86:9)
at Async._drainQueues (E:\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:102:5)
at Async.drainQueues (E:\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:15:14)
I have updated video drivers (AMD) to latest, Win 11 updated to latest, Purged and deployed mods. uninstalled and reinstalled BG3 extension.
Not sure what else I can do.
Thank Y0ou for any assistance in this matter

So, like many others, I also just updated my LSLib and got the same error. I was hoping it would fix my HalfDemon-Balanced mod to stop being locked but now none of my mods at all work instead-- thus making my campaigns unplayable now.

Is there no way to download the previous file which worked for the most part?

I tried rebooting computer, disabling and re-enabling the mods multiple times, and even reinstalling every single mod. But my Load Order is completely empty and gives this error:

at C:\Users\Unicorn Vomit\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\plugins\Vortex Extension Update - Baldur's Gate 3 v1.3.7\loadOrder.js:122:36
at C:\Users\Unicorn Vomit\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\plugins\Vortex Extension Update - Baldur's Gate 3 v1.3.7\loadOrder.js:119:23
at fulfilled (C:\Users\Unicorn Vomit\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\plugins\Vortex Extension Update - Baldur's Gate 3 v1.3.7\loadOrder.js:28:58)
at tryCatcher (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\util.js:16:23)
at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:547:31)
at Promise._settlePromise (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:604:18)
at Promise._settlePromise0 (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:649:10)
at Promise._settlePromises (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:729:18)
at _drainQueueStep (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:93:12)
at _drainQueue (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:86:9)
at Async._drainQueues (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:102:5)
at Async.drainQueues (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:15:14)

After my test, vortex no longer supports the loading method of placing mods directly in the %AppData%\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\Mods. Please delete them.

This is the way...

• Close Vortex

What I mean is, do‘t put any mods in the “%AppData%\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\Mods” folder that have not been installed by vortex.
Before 1.3.7, some mods can be placed there directly and take effect.After 1.3.7, an error will be reported.
You must to install the mods with special installation methods by vortex "install from file".

EDIT: So I did this and it appears to have fixed the problem. I'll report back if I run into anything else.

Edited by Slug944

So, like many others, I also just updated my LSLib and got the same error. I was hoping it would fix my HalfDemon-Balanced mod to stop being locked but now none of my mods at all work instead-- thus making my campaigns unplayable now.

Is there no way to download the previous file which worked for the most part?

I tried rebooting computer, disabling and re-enabling the mods multiple times, and even reinstalling every single mod. But my Load Order is completely empty and gives this error:

at C:\Users\Unicorn Vomit\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\plugins\Vortex Extension Update - Baldur's Gate 3 v1.3.7\loadOrder.js:122:36

at C:\Users\Unicorn Vomit\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\plugins\Vortex Extension Update - Baldur's Gate 3 v1.3.7\loadOrder.js:119:23

at fulfilled (C:\Users\Unicorn Vomit\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\plugins\Vortex Extension Update - Baldur's Gate 3 v1.3.7\loadOrder.js:28:58)

This is the way...

• Close Vortex

EDIT: So I did this and it appears to have fixed the problem. I'll report back if I run into anything else.

I've been having the exact same issue since the latest Vortex update. I followed the instructions exactly, to the letter, what was laid out here, and it didn't work for me at all. This is very frustrating. Any word from devs on update?

Hi,

Testing a fix for this now. I believe it's cause by pak mods being added manually to the Mods folder outside of Vortex's control.

If you'd like to help test it, please DM me and I'll send instructions. More help the merrier!

Thanks

Ok, I am doing this as we speak. It appears to be working as I have my Load Order back. My BIGGEST question is "Why was this not addressed sooner? Could not the Update to 1.3.7 contained a batch file to perform this action? With a warning "pop-up" afterwards informing people to only drag files manually to let Vortex install or just let Vortex install the mod without following the authors instructions? I don't know how many times the author of the mods informs us how to install the mod they provide. Failure to do so could corrupt your game and/or save file. I have been using Nexus since Skyrim came out, to get mods for all the games that I play. There is a fine line as to follow the author's instructions and/or just allow the mod to be installed via a Mod Manager that are created for the various games out there (DAO, DAI). So it really gets confusing at times as to what to do. For me, I know enough to be dangerous, when it comes to understanding the complexions of modding my games. I salute and bow gracefully to all those who create these fantastic mods and Mod Managers for us to use. Sorry to rant a bit. I hope you understand our frustration at times when things don't go smoothly. Thank You so much for the info that restored my BG3. Sincerely, A Gamer since the early 80's

• 2 weeks later...