Why can't I get Starfield MODs working through Vortex?

Axsom22

At first, the game was not available to be managed, Thanks to @showler, I was able to download the Extension and start managing the game.

Starfield at Modding Tools - Nexus Mods

I have SFSE downloaded and manually installed, then after launching from Vortex verified via the console. (Check Attachment)

Starfield Script Extender (SFSE) at Starfield Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

I have used Vortex to install two MODs:

TESM UI OVERHAUL at Starfield Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

Andreja Outfit Cutting at Starfield Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

At first, I just did the outfit MOD, but I had read in the forums that these types of MODs were not working so I did the UI MOD to test a different type.

Neither work...

I have scoured through the forums, but in most instances, the original poster never replies to which solution had worked for them.

With my work schedule, I just don't have the time for a bunch of trial and error.

I thought I'd go back to the MOD organizer I know, MO2, but Starfield isn't supported in it (yet/maybe).

I have added the: StarfieldCustom.ini to 'Documents\my games\Starfield'.

with:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

I have made sure the staging folder is on the same drive as the game and changed the Deployment Method to 'Hardlink Deployment'. (Check Attachment)

Can ANYONE tell me what else I need to do to make Vortex work?

It has to be working for people or all these MODs wouldn't be available...

If those mods are installed and deployed properly, they should work.

I'd recommend checking under "C:\Users\{YOUR USERNAME}\Documents\My Games\Starfield" and see if there's a "Data" folder in there.

If there is, it's breaking any mods installed with Vortex. You should cut the entire data folder and paste it into the Starfield install folder (which should merge it with the existing data folder), then try again.

Edit: Also make sure that the files from your mods are inside the "Data" folder included with the game.

If those mods are installed and deployed properly, they should work.

I'd recommend checking under "C:\Users\{YOUR USERNAME}\Documents\My Games\Starfield" and see if there's a "Data" folder in there.

If there is, it's breaking any mods installed with Vortex. You should cut the entire data folder and paste it into the Starfield install folder (which should merge it with the existing data folder), then try again.

Edit: Also make sure that the files from your mods are inside the "Data" folder included with the game.

Thank you for your reply...

The Data folder was there, I did what you suggested. Cut then paste the contents into the Data folder of the install folder. Still doesn't work.

I disabled and reenabled both MODs, still doesn't work.

I reinstalled both, still don't work.

Tried rebooting - just in case - still doesn't work.

I'm very new to Vortex.

Is there something else I need to be doing to get this to work?

I see the contents of the MODs within the subfolders of \steamapps\common\Starfield\Data\

I see the MODs files added or removed depending on whether I have the MOD Enabled or Disabled.

I see a file in each subfolder '__folder_managed_by_vortex' but not in the Data folder. (if it makes a difference)

I'm going to keep trying a few things till I hear back from ya

• 1 month later...

I too am having major problems getting mods to work. Double checked the plugins.txt folder, all looks good. I installed a mod loading tool, and according to it, only 3 mods are running. To use richer merchants, I have to use the console command to set the vendors to refresh after each transaction. Then I go into the starfield directory in documents to delete console .log trying to keep achievements enabled, as baka's achievement enabler doesn't load either. Star UI stuff works great, but nothing on pretty much everything .esm. I've spent so much time on this im about to just shelve the game and forget about it.

• 1 month later...

Recently got into modding starfield- I cannot find an "Install" folder. I feel this may be the issue I have. I installed my game through Steam, if that helps.

Edit: I think I found my answer- a mod may be incompatible with Bethesda's update. Sorry for the necro.

Edited by OfUnreasonable
Found probable solution