Real banking.

Ykalon

In addition to that, being able to deposit credits into an account that gains interest would be nice too.

Not like accumulating wealth in the game is even remotely difficult...... On my current game, I have over 5 million credits, and I haven't sold a single ship. That's just from selling stuff I collect while out and about. Of course, I have this bad habit of picking up EVERYTHING that is worth anything. :D I constantly find myself over-encumbered. .....

In addition to that, being able to deposit credits into an account that gains interest would be nice too.

Not like accumulating wealth in the game is even remotely difficult......

That's where an overhaul of the in-game economy would come in. Reduce prices of things like food, increase ship prices, reduce or eliminate credit rewards from most quests, give the player a salary if they join the Vanguard or Freestar Rangers, etc.

Not like accumulating wealth in the game is even remotely difficult......

That's where an overhaul of the in-game economy would come in. Reduce prices of things like food, increase ship prices, reduce or eliminate credit rewards from most quests, give the player a salary if they join the Vanguard or Freestar Rangers, etc.

A dynamic economy is what's needed. If you dump a couple thousand units of iron in one place, the price of iron should bottom out.... Maybe establish 'thresholds' for the various resources, that alter the pricing according to availability? Probably have to wait for the CK for that though.

Related to this, would be nice to see forming a corporation and plugging expanded outpost and research utilities into this apparatus. Id also like to be able to set up unique corporate or outpost governance structure. Non profit v for profit, hierarchical vs cooperative, types of industries with ships designed to serve particular needs, and of course, custom skyscrapers as outpost buildings.