⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

New User of Vortex modding Starfield Config Question

Cerebrogasm

Hi everyone,

I have an error that appears whenever I try to launch Starfield from its new location, my D: drive (my C: drive is filling up fast). Vanilla Starfield (loaded via Steam) will launch and play from the new location (although I do get more game crash - freezes on D: than I did on C:).

I installed Vortex - and have an account on both the NEXUSMODS website and the Vortex Manager. I installed some basic mods the Community recommended to start - which appear to be all Enabled when I check the Mods tab on Vortex.

However, if I attempt to launch the Starfield Game through Vortex (which is managing Starfield) - I receive an error stating that Vortex can't find the executable for Starfield and the detail of that error dialog box shows Vortex is looking in the old installation on C:\Program Files (86) - where the Steam folder still exists, (I have not yet removed it), but the executable for Starfield is no longer in the /common folder. The Starfield executable is now on the D: drive in a Steam installation where it apparently is supposed to be: /common.

I'm willing to rebuild it all from scratch - but I am in over my head. Any advice you can offer will be so appreciated!

Jim (Cerebrogasm)