Divine Divinity

Dark0ne

Warrior, Wizard or Survivor? Which fate is yours? It's your decision, one that will influence the gameplay of Divine Divinity - action RPG or classical RPG! In any case, you are the chosen one according to prophecy. As such, only you are able to save the legendary land of Rovellon from submission under the Lord of Chaos. But before you take on the fight against Evil you have to be discovered and blessed as the Divine Savior. And always remember one thing wherever you go: Caution is vital! The apostate magicians must not get hold of you - whatever happens!

It's funny how this game is both classical in a way and yet mostly action. It reminds me of some old DnD games but at the same time it has an insane amount of mowing through hordes of enemies. I appreciated the non-linear gameplay of this, but in the end became somehow bored of it. It just didn't really seem to grip my attention well enough, the main storyline was, as I recall, fairly mediocre. And smashing through semi-3D opponents endlessly is only fun for so long. :P

And yet, this seems to be the only kind of RPG around for PC at the moment! There can't have been an actual RPG release for the PC for a good year or so now. At least not to my knowledge. Maybe people figure they can't compete with the large MMORPGs around at the moment...

To me it looks like a complete rip of Diablo/Diablo 2 but with worse graphics, even though it came out later than both of them. How did that happen?

As far as I can remember from playing the demo, at least the skill system and NPC interaction was more complex than Diablo's.

Yes, it does have more depth with the NPCs and questlines than the Diablo series did. As I said it reminds me of DnD in that respect. But it does have it's fair share of hack-n-slash as well... well, if you're using melee it's more like a monotonous chop-chop-chop actually... which is why I recommend mage to anyone who gets it. :D