Bizzare bug, my character keeps UNsneaking, Any ideas?

tcbflash

Hello all, I am playing Skyrim anniversary edition, with probably 300 to 500 mods all told, everything is running great except for one very strange glitch that's been occurring, my character UNsneaks in certain specific spots. Meaning, I'm in sneak mode, creeping along, and suddenly it's as if I toggled sneak off but I did not hit the button. I can go right back into sneak no problem, but if I go over that same spot once again it will toggle the sneak back off in the same spot, it's repeatable, and consistent. There seems to be at least several, but for all I know hundreds, of these specific spots. Just one example is a couple feet in front of the door to halted stream camp mine, on the exterior. That's just one spot, but I've encountered several others, so I can only imagine there are many many more. I can't find anything online where anyone else has ever had this specific issue. Does anyone have any idea what could possibly cause this to happen?

I appreciate and thank you for any feedback in advance!

~dan (tcbflash)

Just a guess - your PC may be hitting some activators of some sort added by one of your mods, and the activators make the game think you are doing something like crafting station or sitting actions. You could go to the spots you have found, and use More Informative Console ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19250 ) to check which mod last affected that area.

Well it was a great idea, but no luck... i visited 2 of the trouble spots... clicked all around the area with MIC... nothing but vanilla hits... no acticators, just rock, grass, dirt, etc... all from Skyrim.esm

Such a strange thing... I'm baffled. I did already test on new playthrough as well, so it's not corrupted save. I just have no clue what it could be.

On the bright side, other than this single mysterious bug, my game is virtually perfect stability-wise, with quite a heavy load, so worse case scenario, if this is never solved, im counting my blessings.

(Thank you again for taking the time!)

~dan

• 3 weeks later...