Fallout Writing Guide

PenguinJoy0

In the aftermath of the mod Fallout the Frontier, it seems that even the biggest fans of Fallout are not aware or are not implementing the basic designs that made Fallout great in the first place. This document will act as an alpha guide for individuals to write Fallout gaming experiences or to review already existing experiences, whether this be official releases, mods, TTRPGs etc.
I call this document a FIRST DRAFT as I hope to inspire collaborators / imitators for this project so a better version or new Fallout Writers Guide can be developed to replace this one. I'm not the best writer, and anything I put in here would pale in comparison to what ideas and structures other people can collectively come up with, which I hope happens.
My main hope is that a Fallout Writing Guide is added to Fallout Fan Sites and Wikis, so it can be easily accessed as well as constantly updated and added to.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sxZD1rJ2cHq3ixiEB9o-37L2Q573ZBmNiqWi54W2diY/edit?usp=sharing

https://fallout.wiki/wiki/Community:Fallout_Writing_Guide

• 1 month later...

Really appreciate the work here. "Black Isle / Obsidians Fallout design and Bethesda Fallout design are NOT contradictory......These things can be combined for the best of both worlds" And some well-thought-out reasons on how to do it. Quest modders would benefit from reding your guide before the writing process.

• 2 weeks later...

Gama World :  The world heavily radiated by gama rays , so that life has become mutated .  And your character has some sorts of mutations.

But the map is always a hexagon . . . I think it was ?

I remember my enviro car ... but had a different meaning than being friendly with the environment .

Just a way to sound high tech back then .

Who else played Gama world ?  Which honestly I was never that well versed with it .  But I then made my own version of it called 

"The World of Grog"

Sorta like the sleestack I guess  😉