Final Fantasy 8

Dark0ne

This is a good one. Good atmospheric soundtrack, decent gameplay, even though it's still using an ATB system some timing is actually required in the battle system (Squall's gunsword attack for instance) which makes things a little more interesting. It has a very interesting storyline with some unconventional features... such as a floating academy, which I liked. :P

[i apologise for all the following complete and utter forgetfulness of just about all the names in this game. :P]

**SPOILERS**

However I wasn't able to complete it. It seems towards the end they made a development error... well, I'd call it that anyway.

Before the first battle with that evil witch guy when the seal is broken (the male one, can't remember his name, that the Ultimawotsit woman possesses who takes Rinoa hostage) you can go to a stone structure on one of the southern islands. There you can recruit Odin, a random summon that turns up and has a chance to insta-kill all non-boss enemies. Then, in the battle with the blonde haired guy inside the fortress (it's been too long since I played this game! Damn confusing names) if you last long enough Odin will transform into his second form... one capable of 9999 damage to all enemies on the field regardless of boss status. This became a bit of a problem for me when facing the witch boss I mentioned before.

The boss takes Rinoa hostage. Which is annoying, as it absorbs health from her and you have to concentrate on keeping her alive, yourself alive (what with insane blasts of Ultima and other strong magic now and then), and doing enough damage to stay ahead of the healing, which is extremely difficult as is. Then, uber Odin turns up because the battle takes so long, and kills them both outright. Game Over. Ruddy brilliant!

That's the only downside to this game. For pity's sake, don't recruit Odin before going to the floating fortress! :P

em...how good are your guys cause i did it easily even though i had odins counter part.

heres a tip just cast triple on all ur guys then with one of them cast haste on all three of your guys in one shot since he has triple cast on him then with the other 2 just keep casting ur most powerful spells.

Another tactic is to just cast aura on squall and let him work his magic....

• 2 years later...