Linux - which mod organiser?

zixi

I have a new Linux PC. Steam is now installed along with the games I play via Steam but so far I haven't installed a mod organiser. On my previous machine (also Linux ) I've used both Vortex and Mod Organizer - though not at once!  I'm on Ubuntu Mantic Minotaur at present.

At the moment I'm using the Bethesda mods but there are a some mods from here that I miss... and that solution won't work for Morrowind and Oblivion. I also play Baldur's Gate I & II via Steam but I'm happy to manually mod those... always have.

Any Linux gamers here who've recently tried Vortex , MO or Wrye Bash? 🤓

I installed MO2 - works fine. However, all my saves disappeared. There weren't many as this is a new machine and I'd started a new game to try out the Steam installation. But I have no idea where - or more importantly - how they went... So, if anyone tries MO2 on Linux then back up your saves if they're important. There was probably some small print somewhere I didn't bother to read... 😄

• 3 months later...
On 11/22/2023 at 12:13 PM, zixi said:

I installed MO2 - works fine. However, all my saves disappeared.

Late, so you might've fixed this by now, but...

MO profiles can use either profile-specific saves (stored in that profile's own saves folder), or Skyrim's regular Saves folder.  If you go into the Profile pulldown → <Manage...>, you can check or uncheck that box when selecting any of your profiles.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2024-03-04_10-42-39.png.4b9c34209d23cfb8724cc4992dac7d49.png

MO profile saves will be in <your MO profiles' location>/<profile name>/saves/.

And Skyrim's regular Saves folder in Linux/Proton will likely be ~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/489830/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/Documents/My Games/Skyrim/Saves/ for SE, and ~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/72850/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/Documents/My Games/Skyrim/Saves/ for LE/Oldrim.

(Myself, I have symlinks to these, in easier-to-find places in my PC's file system.)

Edited by AaronOfMpls
added pic