We, the Immersion seekers...

Krovi

First of all I'm an Immersion seeker, for me Skyrim is everything, it's a gate where I can leave my boring and annoying RL and be the Epic Nord Hero that saves the world, I try to find the most immersive mods out there to make my game the best experience possible, so at the end of the day I can close Skyrim with a smile on my face.

I hope i'm not the only Immersion seeker here :/, but anyways, to the point. I've noticed that there are many immersive mods, like realistic needs and diseases, sleeping mods, etc. And I think that such thing is amazing. And well...there is the Hearthfire issue.

I think modders have done a terrific job with immersion mods and I congratulate them, I loved bordersense and frosfall for example, but I feel that people left Hearthfires aside or simply ignored it, Yes there are mods for hearthfire like new homes and stuff, or multiple spouses, but I have the feeling that modders just don't care to make dynamic marriage mods. Talos knows why they don't want to, maybe it's too tedious to make a mod for Hearthfires? I've seen companion mods that merge pretty good with Hearthfires, Like Vilja in skyrim and Interesting NPCS (They are the only ones I know tough).

I swear if I had the resources to make a mod like that, I'll made it and update the **** out of it, but I can't :sad: So if there is a good soul out there willing to make such wonderful mod, I think that all the Immersion/Roleplay/Hearthfires lovers will be pretty thankful.

Honestly it's kind of frustrating that we are just being ignored, I mean, I understand that we are nobody to demand and go all bossy like "MAKE ME MODS NOW!" but each time I see more and more and more mods about weapons, textures, enb's and such.

Someone may think "If you wanna get married and have domestic life go play Sims" Well you're right but I've always wondering, how would domestic life be in Skyrim?.

I say this because I've seen people use their wives and companions as simple Vendors and "Woman, Cook!" and the followers are just pack mules and cannon fodders. And that breaks immersion so much.

"Hello My lov--"
"Yeah yeah whatever, lemme sell stuff and get som food, K I'm leavin', bai"

I hope that there are more players and modders out there that can see the potential of Hearthfire (Understanding the technical limits of the game of course) Because it's very dissapointing/frustrating that it is 2014 and there isn't a single marriage overhaul for Skyrim :/

/rant

probably this topic won't get any replies, but at least I'm trying to speak up too :/

Edited by Krovi

I think the problem wish such a request is it's too generic and open ended. You say you want marriage and companions to be more immersive. Fine. You want such relationships to be more dynamic. Alright, cool.

How? Those terms are incredibly inspecific.

EDIT: beaten to the punch.

Edited by Hyacathusarullistad

Thanks for the replies guys :) Well there is a guy here in the fourms that posted something amazing, very cool features that I think can be possible in Skyrim. There are many threads about it, I can't remember the specific thread but there is this guy who posted TONS of ideas, and as far as I'm concerned they can me made.

He posted things such as scenes, cutscenes, mini-quests, favor system. For example you come home and as the same random chance of your daughter/son adopting a pet, they come to you and give you a drawing, then you can use that drawing to get some bonuses, or you can teach your children how to do stuff, or spouses talking with children, scolding them, etc, etc.

When I get my character home It's pretty creepy to get there and see my wife staring at me and my daughter "Pappa!" And then *Death Stare* me all day. I guess the dragonborn would prefer to fight aluin again instead of staying there, LOL.

There are lots of content that could be added, I'll maybe list some that are already posted on the other threads but they are (But not limited to):

• Teaching your child to do stuff: So, this is self explainatory I mean, you're the dragonborn of legend and I think it's right to teach your children how to use a sword, a bow, how to hunt or stuff like that. Also there could be radiant mini-quests in which your child asks for help in order to kill their first creature.
  • Family Interaction in general: As I said above, living in a silent house is disturbing, maybe random lines between spouses and children could be made, There is a lot of content already in the vanilla version to edit and make new lines. Now that is in a very basic level, but if you look for something more complex, a smiliar system of radiant quests could be also made here, like making errands, deal with *Skyrim-Medieval/Fantasy-Day-to-day problems and dilemas* LIke your child wanting to be a mage. Hell even arguements with your spouse, Skyrim is tough country, it's a tough life not everything can be lolipops sweetrolls rainbows and unicorns.
  • Sending letters to your loved ones: There is this mod called Take notes in which you can write your own journal, maybe during your travels you can write a letter to your home, find a courier in any of the towns or big cities, give him said letter and then after a couple of days later (If you haven't returned home) a courier gives you a response from your family about how much they miss you (Or how happy they are to have yopu in the other corner of Skyrim killing Talos knows what), or if you stay out too long (7 days min.) you get a letter of your family wondering if you are okay, and if you don't send letters at all they can even send someone (mercenaries or the companions) to see if you need to be rescued and such.
  • Taking your child on your travels: Maybe as part of the family radiant quests you can take your child on your travels to deliver something from Whiterun to Solitude, or anywhere you are living currently or just share some Dad/son time hunting some game in the local hold or fishing at a river or camping in the forests.
  • Happiness/Favour/Respect System: This could be pretty cool for Hearthfires, since your wife and children disposition and respect towards you can chance, for example if you are a dick to them your wife may not give you a homemade meal, she may not give you the share of the store income (She is not obliged to do so, it's her store after all and you didn't take any part on helping her) and she may even force you to sleep somehwere else (Making your bed status to owned if she is sleeping there so you must sleep somewhere else. And if you are a dick your children they may either fear you or disrespect you, so you can tell them (Do X) they'll just ignore you, they won't give you gifts and stuff like that. In the contrary if you are a saint to them you get the opposite treatment (Remember the letter system? ;D)
  • "How are the kids?": Yeah the "How are the kids" thing is pretty lame to be honest, there should be more options to talk with your wife, for example in Interesting NPCS you can marry a blacksmith called Isolda, and well she may not have the how are the kids dialogue but you can talk to her about your choices on your quests. Here we can do the same, you can talk to your spouse about quests, or other daily life stuff and they can go and ask you about it themselves, you just chilling on your house and them your spouse talks to you about something and you can actually reply to them like (I agree, because..., I disagree, Because, Damn it woman/man, I'm the dragonborn, don't pester me with such nonsense!, I don't know, because...) and so on.

Well that is all of I could think of, if there are more people who can have other ideas I encourage them to say them, if you want a Better marriage/domestic life mod and you don't know how to make mods, the fourm is your tool.

Now I know that some of the features mentioned here may be very difficult, but as I said above they are not limited to be like this, they are not carved in stone and there may be other ways to make the same or similar ideas without being a tedious task to make.

(Sorry for my english ^^ by the way ^^; )

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of Skyrim mods that turns shouts into spells (ANY SHOUT) and Stop me from absorbing souls unless otherwise? Pretty much NON-DRAGONBORN BUT WITH THE SHOUTS AS SPELLS AND SOUL ABSORPTION NON-OCCURRING? ALSO I WANT SOMETHING THAT MAKES THOSE FEATURES TOGGLEABLE. IF ANYONE KNOWS A MOD OR A GROUP OF MODS LIKE THIS PLEASE TELL ME!!!!

Does anyone know of Skyrim mods that turns shouts into spells (ANY SHOUT) and Stop me from absorbing souls unless otherwise? Pretty much NON-DRAGONBORN BUT WITH THE SHOUTS AS SPELLS AND SOUL ABSORPTION NON-OCCURRING? ALSO I WANT SOMETHING THAT MAKES THOSE FEATURES TOGGLEABLE. IF ANYONE KNOWS A MOD OR A GROUP OF MODS LIKE THIS PLEASE TELL ME!!!!

for the non-dragonborn try: skyrim unbound i think it's called and as for the shout spells try a search

I would also like to mention my interest/support in this family overhaul mod. If I ever get into modding, I may have a go at making this.

I'm guessing that the letter writing would be like picking options in dialogue with NPCs. It would be cool to have an animation for this too (make it optional in MCM), the animation is mostly in vanilla too, just use the book holding/reading animation with a quill in your right hand. (The letter will be ripped from the book) writing letters will also require a letter writing kit, the crafting recipe could be:

10 rolls of paper (too much?)
1 ink well
1 quill
1 leather (for the book cover)

edits: add leather to suggested recipe

Edited by Lupus590

I would definitively want to see a mod like that come to life. I was very excited when I learnt heartfires was getting out. But actually the skyrim family life is a little lame. The only moment I liked my adoptive daughter was when I gave her my Dragonbone dagger and she went straight of to the cellar training. I definitively imagine my assassin character being proud. But yes what you say, is fairly true.

Hail the Immersion seekers!

BTW be sure to check my recent request also: "http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1367951-of-blessings-and-champions/", might interest someone.