Plugins Disabling by Themselves

CrKhan09
Go to solution Solved by Zanderat,

On 12/8/2023 at 5:39 AM, herifadam98 said:

Can you help me? I have the same problem with you and your fix seem to fixes plugins disabling themself but I realized that shift+tab screen menu and screenshot(f12) shortcuts for steam version doesn't work. Also shift+tab and screenshots are only available if I start the game from steam launcher instead of SKSE. İt wasn't like this before the update

So I have the steam menu working right now when lauching from skse64_loader.exe for the current version, so try having Steam's exe, SkyrimSE.exe, and skse64_loader.exe set to start as administrator see if that fixes the steam ui not working.

On 12/12/2023 at 3:38 AM, Pickysaurus said:

A solution is here: 

I thought that worked to some degree... I had about 65% of mods running then it got worse and my game is incapable

now of making a new game or playing saves. It was a good try, no doubt.

• 3 months later...
On 12/10/2023 at 3:28 AM, AmenRa333 said:

Figured id post this since even with disabling achievements in SSE Engine fixes. The game was still not loading any of my mods.

Alright so found a solution to get things playable for myself with all this Bethesda Bs.

So Vortex plugins kept getting disabled a setting in SSE Engine Fixes mod. So if your using that mod, go to your Data folder, open EngineFixes.toml with notepad++ and find and set to EnableAchievementsWithMods = false.

This should stop vortex from disabling every plugin every time you start it up.

Once you get your plugins all updated/enabled, go to %localappdata% then Skyrim Special Edition, and set Plugins.txt to read only. Skyrim SE/AE should now actually load your mods. So provided you did a butt ton of mod updates and got rid of mods with incompatible .dlls you should be good to go.

Just remember if you need to change things in vortex/mo2 you have to remove the read-only from Plugins.txt.

Just want to say, you're an absolute legend. I've been fighting with this bug for close to two whole days now and I just happened upon your solution, which worked! I was finally able to start a new game with all ~400 of my mods enabled. Thank you, I don't know how I would have figured this out without your post.