What are you doing re: latest update?

Elfiemyrtle3

How are you dealing with the latest update?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. I was in the middle of making my first mod when the update hit and broke everything. I went for option 2, but I wonder if there is any point in making mods for a Skyrim version that is now officially out of date. So I'd like to see how many people are sticking with 1.6.640?

• update and be happy because I have no mods installed that require lots of fumbling and frustration
    • downgrade to 1.6.640 and downgrade CK with lots of headache but I like my 5000 installed mods also I was in the midst of a playthrough
    • downgrade to an even earlier version of Skyrim
    • throw the game in the bin and move on to other pastures
    • still trying to figure out what to do and crying my eyes out

All's fine. There were some glitches to start with when the game seemed to disable some of my mods for no reason but I've beaten it into submission without any tears on my side. There's isn't really a category for me in the ?aire above...   😀

Update after the mods are updated… it’s really not that frustrating. Some things may have to be struck from my list in the end, but the hobby is modding, not playing so it’s fine.

The most frustrating thing is the writing/guides I was working on that now have to be rewritten again. Oh well. 

While I’m waiting for the next Skyrim update and the last of the mod updates to roll in, there’s Starfield, ESO, and Baldur’s gate. Skyrim itch fully scratched. 

There are no options applicable to my situation.  Fatigued by Skyrim SE updates, I simply killed the Steam update process before the AE edition appeared.  I am still playing 1.5.97.0.  I have downloaded and saved an enormous inventory of Skyrim SE mods from that era and so have not yet run out of interesting things to do.

I wonder - how many Skyrim SE players are still using this version?

I made a late jump to 1.6.353, just in time for 1.6.640 to come on scene about 2 months later, now that I have had 1.6.640 running well for awhile, here comes 1.6.1130!

Will just wait (using my 1.6.640 install) until more of the skse-based stuff (and SkyUI) get newer versions/updates/fixes.

Downgraded to 1.1.640. TWICE.

First time by manually downloading the depots through Steam console. Week later I was introduced to Nemesis (I tried to stay away I swear), and it didn't update no matter what solution I tried.

As a last resort, I uninstalled Skyrim from program files, deleted all mods, deleted Steam. Reinstalled Steam & Skyrim, downgraded to 1.1.640 again, this time by using DepotDownloader & the Nexus guide (was more work than console imo). Now my mods are nicely in MO2 folder, and nothing is in program files. However, I still don't know if Nemesis is gonna work, because I'm too busy downloading all my mods again.

Sigh... got interested in someone's 'bug' only to find a series of crashes today in SE today... My solution is to stay in Morrowind till they fix it. 😀 It's a shame - I wanted to do the Saturalia Christmas thing...