We really need an unsellable ship remover mod.

dabigpit

As the title say atm there's no way to get rid of buggy/unsellable/glitched ships in the fleet, beside going ng+. And there are worthless ships you get by default anyway, yes, I'm looking at you Guardian!
Testing buggy mods can also lead to have such ships and no way to fix it.

I hope a well written mod can do the job and clean up such messed fleet lists.

3 hours ago, dabigpit said:

Thank you, didn't see this... And it works too! 😀

Word of warning.  If you enable it to sell the Guardian, then disable so you won't accidentally sell the Frontier... you might still accidentally sell the Frontier.  The "unsellable" flag doesn't seem to get reset, so once it is removed it's removed forever.

59 minutes ago, aurreth said:

Word of warning.  If you enable it to sell the Guardian, then disable so you won't accidentally sell the Frontier... you might still accidentally sell the Frontier.  The "unsellable" flag doesn't seem to get reset, so once it is removed it's removed forever.

Does that carry over to NG+ as well? A LOT of my other mods reset when I go thru unity. I have to wait for the game to load, then save, quit to desktop, re-load for things to get back to 'normal' for me.

My answer to it though, was just get a mod that allows me to own more ships. That number if configurable.... so, want to own 10,000 ships? You can. 😄 (though I suspect that would NOT be a good idea. :D)

15 minutes ago, HeyYou said:

Does that carry over to NG+ as well? A LOT of my other mods reset when I go thru unity. I have to wait for the game to load, then save, quit to desktop, re-load for things to get back to 'normal' for me.

My answer to it though, was just get a mod that allows me to own more ships. That number if configurable.... so, want to own 10,000 ships? You can. 😄 (though I suspect that would NOT be a good idea. :D)

No, NG+ resets it, you have to enable the mod again to sell the ships.  I'm guessing the author figured people would want to sell both as soon as they put together a custom ship, so saw no need to disable selling once it was enabled.  I usually keep my (heavily modded) Guardian though, so I have to be careful not to accidentally sell it.

3 minutes ago, aurreth said:

No, NG+ resets it, you have to enable the mod again to sell the ships.  I'm guessing the author figured people would want to sell both as soon as they put together a custom ship, so saw no need to disable selling once it was enabled.  I usually keep my (heavily modded) Guardian though, so I have to be careful not to accidentally sell it.

How do you mod your guardian???? All I can do is "Inspect" and even that is pretty friggin' useless.

2 minutes ago, HeyYou said:

How do you mod your guardian???? All I can do is "Inspect" and even that is pretty friggin' useless.

Installed mods.  I use the interior from one of Minx's mods, the decoration enabler, and my own tweaks (which I probably stole from some batch file or something) to improve weapon damage, cargo, and probably other stuff I don't remember.  It has the advantage of being the only ship you can enable decorations for that will not eat said decorations if you change a hab (because you can't).  Oh, and LarannKiar's  rename anything mod to give it it's own name.  I freely admit my Guardian is OP, but when you are moving stars around it's nice to have one ship you can't screw up.

1 hour ago, HeyYou said:

Ah. That makes good sense.

I just replace it as soon as possible. 😄 Generally by stealing someone elses ship.

Oh I do that too.  I usually maintain three ships, a Guardian, a small "scout ship", and a big Class M cruiser for when I want to declare war on the UC or Freestar.  'Cause sometimes you just want to relax and watch your battleship decimate the entire UC navy 👹