How do you play Starfield? Skills and way you play.

Guest deleted195863585

Guest deleted195863585

Hi!

It's my 4th. run in Starfield now and i've checked out different ways to play it. First run was stealth but it sucks. Stealth in Fallout 4 is majestic, unbelieveable fun to play. But in Starfield it is just annoying. Many times it doesn't even work, maybe bug? I doubt it. Some enemies shouldn't see me but speak like i have to move away. You can't stay in stealth and killing all people and i know it's not realistic... but it was hell of fun in FO4.

It's a pity to spend your skill points on Laserweapons. And it makes to sense to spend any skillpoints on everything except Shipbuilding Medicine and Weapon/Armour Crafting.

Now i have found a good way to play it now. I just skill Medicine to 4, Weapon, Armour to 4 and the Spezialcrafting perk. Shipshield to level 3, Boostpack very important at the beginning complete and locksmith. I'm level 18 now and have 6 Skillpoints left. And i play on very hard and it's pretty easy.

How are you guys playing starfield, would be very interessting to hear.

Greetings!

I try to stealth sniper but it's not easy. Sometimes enemies can see me through walls even. Other times they run right past me, literally able to trip over me, and never see me.

I go the stacking route for damage skills. Ballistics, Rifles, Sniper rifles.

I wanted to do the martial arts style but it's hard to get in the number of sneak unarmed hits it wants.

I used a mod to adjust some of the detection variables. Made a big difference in my stealth play. (reducing the sound detection when you are NOT in LOS was the most important one.) My first playthru was just to get an idea of how things worked... I think I made it to like level 30 or so. Then I restarted, and am currently level 163 or so.... and am having a BLAST. One of the problems I have encountered though, is the Vanguard Piloting test. Even with turning on all the cheats, (which they actually encourage/reward you for....) the ships you go up against are level scaled, the ship you fly against them is NOT. I used to be able to make tier 4 easy. The last time, (level 160 or so) it was a real struggle to take out Tier 4..... I really don't wanna think about what its gonna be like next time thru. 😄

Initially, I concentrated on Tech, and Science skills. (and persuasion... VERY useful in this game.) Then moved to physical/combat skills. 😄 I find that most of the social skills, I have no use for.....

On 12/30/2023 at 9:22 AM, HeyYou said:

I used a mod to adjust some of the detection variables. Made a big difference in my stealth play. (reducing the sound detection when you are NOT in LOS was the most important one.) My first playthru was just to get an idea of how things worked... I think I made it to like level 30 or so. Then I restarted, and am currently level 163 or so.... and am having a BLAST. One of the problems I have encountered though, is the Vanguard Piloting test. Even with turning on all the cheats, (which they actually encourage/reward you for....) the ships you go up against are level scaled, the ship you fly against them is NOT. I used to be able to make tier 4 easy. The last time, (level 160 or so) it was a real struggle to take out Tier 4..... I really don't wanna think about what its gonna be like next time thru. 😄

Initially, I concentrated on Tech, and Science skills. (and persuasion... VERY useful in this game.) Then moved to physical/combat skills. 😄 I find that most of the social skills, I have no use for.....

The Trick with the Vanguard Pilot Test, is there is a space station in the Simulator that you can't dock at, but you can fly between the scaffolding, and when you do, the enemy ships can't target you, so you can pick them off at your leisure.  😉

2 hours ago, matilija said:

The Trick with the Vanguard Pilot Test, is there is a space station in the Simulator that you can't dock at, but you can fly between the scaffolding, and when you do, the enemy ships can't target you, so you can pick them off at your leisure.  😉

Gonna have to try that. 😄