Why does fallout fo4 crash on startup

Gomperthemodder

I've been playing fallout recently and since yesterday i  can no longer play fo4 due to crashing on startup and I don't know what's causing it as all my mods have worked perfectly fine in the past and the last time i opened the game it had completely restarted all my mod data and so i manually crashed fallout 4 and since then it no longer will let me plat.

could anyone please help me fix this problem as i do not want to lose all my hard work on my save

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Gomperthemodder said:

I've been playing fallout recently and since yesterday i  can no longer play fo4 due to crashing on startup and I don't know what's causing it as all my mods have worked perfectly fine in the past and the last time i opened the game it had completely restarted all my mod data and so i manually crashed fallout 4 and since then it no longer will let me plat.

could anyone please help me fix this problem as i do not want to lose all my hard work on my save

Hard to say from here, but the usual suspcts are:

-A windows update.

- Also OneDrive sometimes can mess things up.

disable onedrive and the last half dozen or so mods you downloaded and see it if will start.

-Or make another profile on vortex, take a recent (but not your last!) savefile copy both it and the accompanying F4se file (so the fos and the f4se file out of your savegame folder on vortex for that profile) and reenable in that new copied profile one by one all mods and start the game.. then see at what points it refuses to work.

if u are lucky it will work all the way, if not at least you will know which mod is not playing nice with the others.

ive got lastest windows 10

no one drive

all mods somehow work perfectly together dispite there being 300+

and all ive had all the same mods from before the crash work

btw I use the F4se launcher for my modded game

and the last time it worked was when i finished the gunners vs minutemen CC quest 

but i did download a peter griffen machine gun noise mod and a quincy settlment mod after i finished that quest and started bugging out my game but my recents saves dont have it and i still cannot play my game via both launchers

and the last mods i downloaded were some creation club items that i had found in a google drive and used vortex to put them in my game to play which were around 3-5 days ago

Edited by Gomperthemodder

6 minutes ago, Gomperthemodder said:

ive got lastest windows 10

no one drive

and all ive had all the same mods from before the crash work

btw I use the F4se launcher for my modded game

and the last time it worked was when i finished the gunners vs minutemen CC quest 

but i did download a peter griffen machine gun noise mod and a quincy settlment mod after i finished that quest and started bugging out my game but my recents saves dont have it and i still cannot play my game via both launchers

and the last mods i downloaded were some creation club items that i had found in a google drive and used vortex to put them in my game to play which were around 3-5 days ago

Sometimes there is some randomness involved.

I reiterate my adevice.

Open up a seperate profile on Vortex ( if u have vortex).

Make it a copy of your current one.

disable some of your most recent mods

transfer over some save files into that new profiles save folder (its right there on the profile window when you dropdown the tabs next to 'edit"), enable that new profile and then try to open via F4SE as u have been.

Should open via the new profile on Vortex.

13 minutes ago, Gomperthemodder said:

i did something and now im just stuck on a endless loading screen to the main menu

This is not enough information. Did you, or did you not, create another profile in your mod manager to try?

Which mod manager do you use?

I asked 3 times now which one it is.

Regardless which one it is, get out of the profile that is broken.

This is easy to do in Vortex and I can tell you how to do it if u struggle, but I know nothing about the others.