How to make esp.

hamis222

ESP files are created by the Creation Kit.  They comprise changes to existing records and new records as needed.  Loose files and folders are independent of an ESP file.

You can pack the loose files into a BSA then create a blank dummy ESP (i.e. save to a new plugin without making any changes).  As long as both the ESP and BSA have the same name, then when the ESP loads the BSA contents will load with it.

Unless you are talking about a non-Bethesda title that just happens to also use ESP as an extension for something, then I have no idea in that scenario.

BSAs load only for ESPs, not ESMs. That is why you had loose files to begin with.

To make it load, you can do two things: either rename your BSA to match one of the ESPs in your load order, or make a dummy ESP with the same name as your BSA and load it so that it would trigger loading of the BSA.

Renaming may be easier. For example, if you use Shivering Isles DLC, you will have DLCShiveringIsles.esp in your load order. You can then rename your new BSA to be called "DLCShiveringIsles - My new pack.bsa". That is, you can enter any text instead of "My new pack" in the file name. As long as the first part reads "DLCShiveringIsles - " the BSA will load whenever DLCShiveringIsles.esp is loaded.

Edited by LenaWolfBravil