RTX 470 super or Radeon 7800xt??

If you will be running Skyrim SE with the new card, be advised that the custom fan curves in AMD Adrenaline drivers do not operate while Skyrim is running, at least for my 7900xtx.  The custom curve ( I like to run the fans harder and earlier) kicks back in after I exit Skyrim.

Crossfire, and whatever Nvidias counter to that, I don't think is supported any more. I was never a fan really to begin with, twice the expense, for maybe 15% better performance? You would be further ahead just spending the additional money and getting a better single-card solution.

I know zero about hardware. What follows may be silly. 

However, I did have a Nvidia two card solution for many years. It worked OK on Windows  (the PC was a games machine and was built for Windows in  2015), however, it **never**  worked on Linux. Linux 'knew' there were two cards but it didn't know what to do with them. I never really worked out what the 'extra' performance on Windows did in comparison either. I thought Nvidia had abandoned that experiment... at least that was what I was told somewhere... But we're talking 2015 when I had my last Windows PC. A lifetime in computers really... 

Some of the questions you should ask yourself to decide which card to get should include the following:

• Do I play games with raytracing?
  • Do I use any non-gaming Nvidia software features?
  • Do I play games with lots of texture mods?
  • Do I play single-player or multi-player games?

If you don't need/care about Nvidia features, then the RX 7800 XT is a good choice, especially since it doesn't lock a lot of driver features behind a log-in.

10 minutes ago, Kregano said:

Some of the questions you should ask yourself to decide which card to get should include the following:

• Do I play games with raytracing?
  • Do I use any non-gaming Nvidia software features?
  • Do I play games with lots of texture mods?
  • Do I play single-player or multi-player games?

If you don't need/care about Nvidia features, then the RX 7800 XT is a good choice, especially since it doesn't lock a lot of driver features behind a log-in.

Is Nvidia still doing that? I notice I can get drivers now without having to log in.....