Simple Male Body Mod?

AngryTexan92

It clips with the Desert Ranger armor from Honest Hearts and does something with the UV map for my skin texture, if that's what's causing the arms and legs to look "glazed" in certain lighting. This is the result I get. 

3eaZsSX.jpeg

q7gBb2A.jpeg

uJptOXV.jpeg

I'm don't know what to suggest, that makes no sense, the armour replaces the upperbody nif, it shouldn't be there to clip. 

ATKHmSs.png

Are you using a mod that makes any changes to that armour?

It look like some mod that mess with legs' nif. Isnt Angry Texan just installed some mods doing exactly that? Try delete that mod to see if it help?

From where I sit, it look like he make the legs' nif bigger, so obviously it will clip with armor's nif at the leg part... Just my two cents as a guy who monkeying around with body nif once upon a time.

Clarify: something similar happen when I used body replacers with bigger body parts, then use armor nif that very obviously not made with those body replacer in mind. Way back when I messed with Fallout 3 and Fallout Newvegas mods, to and fro.

Edited by laclongquan

21 hours ago, JimboUK said:

I'm don't know what to suggest, that makes no sense, the armour replaces the upperbody nif, it shouldn't be there to clip. 

ATKHmSs.png

Are you using a mod that makes any changes to that armour?

I am using an old retexture of the armor that i think sense then the work continued over onto the ADAM page on the nexus

6 hours ago, laclongquan said:

It look like some mod that mess with legs' nif. Isnt Angry Texan just installed some mods doing exactly that? Try delete that mod to see if it help?

From where I sit, it look like he make the legs' nif bigger, so obviously it will clip with armor's nif at the leg part... Just my two cents as a guy who monkeying around with body nif once upon a time.

Clarify: something similar happen when I used body replacers with bigger body parts, then use armor nif that very obviously not made with those body replacer in mind. Way back when I messed with Fallout 3 and Fallout Newvegas mods, to and fro.

The only mod I have that would be affecting the legs nif file is the improved vanilla body mod I talked about on the previous page so I can't remove that cause then i'd have no wristbands to try to remove in the first place lol. The armor mod I'm using only modifies the textures and the armor works fine with that body mod until I remove the wristbands from the body mod. Maybe removing the wristbands from the mesh counts as "making it smaller"? But i have no idea why it would then make the legs and arms appear larger and clip through the armor. Even with no mods installed though there is a sizeable difference between the leg mesh for the ranger armor (very thin) and the mesh for the legs when you have nothing equipped it's quite funny. Maybe somehow I'm also deleting something that's been attached to the wristbands that affects how armors are displayed on the body. It's hard to tell since I'm not the creator of the mod and I have no way of telling how the original mod author made his mod work.

I'm gonna have to admit defeat on this one, when that outfit is equipped the body should cease to be an issue, the game shouldn't be rendering it, anything that goes in that upperbody slot should make the upperbody (arms, legs, torso) vanish. The only time I've seen something like this is when the armour is in another slot, for example clothing that contains multiple equippable items none of which replace the upperbody, those require the correct body to be installed because the body is still being rendered, I think this is what laclongquan is referring to. 

Yeah at this point I'm just going to hold off on trying to fix as the mod author told me he might be able to help me fix the issue after he's done with some other stuff he's working on at the moment. I appreciate the input from all of you though.

An armor item consist of two things, the nif(s), and optionally the dds in textures. 

When you change your body part, say your leg, it only change your body nif, NOT your armor. And any change to the textures wont change the nif, aka the contour of the body part, only the color.

If the armor nif has smaller leg part, then it will appear on your body as buggy as you can see.

If the armor nif has bigger leg part, then it will appear as your armor leg . not your modified body part.

There is no fix in this case, unless a nif guy can mess with the armors to change it according to your leg mod

You gotta understand that once you follow your niche interest, you sacrifice a heck of alot of things. In your case, any armor that modify leg part you canjust say good bye to it.

You can only wear armo items that only has the upper part, not leg part. Like all the lingerie, the patient gown, possibly some tribal outfits.

Edited by laclongquan

5 hours ago, laclongquan said:

An armor item consist of two things, the nif(s), and optionally the dds in textures. 

When you change your body part, say your leg, it only change your body nif, NOT your armor. And any change to the textures wont change the nif, aka the contour of the body part, only the color.

If the armor nif has smaller leg part, then it will appear on your body as buggy as you can see.

If the armor nif has bigger leg part, then it will appear as your armor leg . not your modified body part.

There is no fix in this case, unless a nif guy can mess with the armors to change it according to your leg mod

You gotta understand that once you follow your niche interest, you sacrifice a heck of alot of things. In your case, any armor that modify leg part you canjust say good bye to it.

You can only wear armo items that only has the upper part, not leg part. Like all the lingerie, the patient gown, possibly some tribal outfits.

This armour uses the upperbody slot so the body mod being used shouldn't matter because it shouldn't be being rendered and that includes the legs, outfits that use the upperbody slot and that show a part of the body include the body as part of the outfit or at least the exposed part, they have to or there would be nothing there. There's no need to sacrifice anything, we just need to figure out why the body is being rendered when it shouldn't be.

14 hours ago, laclongquan said:

Like I stated previously there are no meshes in the armor mod, it is just textures and i've also tried it without the armor mod and had the same issue using vanilla textures, and the only thing that is editing the mesh of the leg is the Better Vanilla Male Body I posted a link for earlier. which works completely fine with this re textured armor and has the same leg mesh you're referring to, I'm making no adjustments to the legs, and if you'll also notice the arms are clipping through the jacket as well. So I know the armor isn't modifying a leg part. And like Jimbo said, the body shouldn't even be rendered at all when the armor is equipped cause it takes that upper-body slot. I'm not doing anything niche or unheard of that completely breaks armor mods. I'm just editing a part of the body nif that shouldn't have any relation to the armor because there are no modified mesh files from the armor, not sure why that's causing the body mesh and the armor to display at the same time.