Would you be interested in any of these mods?

Would you be interested in any of these mods?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in any of these mods?

• Player Rogue only (so does not affect other rogues), with Warrior Talents.
    • Player Warrior only (so does not affect other rogues), with Rogue Talents.
    • Rogues and Warriors with select Mage Spells (ie. Templars with Soul Warding tree spells and Reavers with Necromancy tree spells).
    • Rogue and Warriors with select Monster Abilities (ie. Warriors with Revenant Abilities).
    • Other (post below)

I recently learned to transfer rogue/warrior talents to spells and monster abilities to spells/talents, now I am considering expanding to rogues and warriors but I never play them and I want to see how much of an interest there is first.

Edited by HollownessDevoured

I would be interested in giving some offensive spells to a rogue, but not requiring to use a staff. Let him have special daggers or something. Similar to the "Arcane Warrior" bonus that you find in that Reaver ruin - where a mage can wield a sword instead of a staff. The rogues won't be as powerful as pure mages, but it would still be interesting. Better yet, let them be blood mages... 😏

• Like 1

@LenaWolfBravil

One angle I am considering, basically I had 3 very early made mods, 2nd and 3rd I hid and posted them as extra files on the 1st. But the 1st jsut got a huge upgrade and I am thinking of unhiding and doing an upgrade to 2nd and 3rd. But the premise is/was creature/monster originally traits but now abilities. 

So atm Mage has version monster abilities as a ranging from desire demon, revenant, arcane horror and corrupted spider. Demonologist and Necromancer specializations.

I am thinking of doing a warrior version with revenant again. So Revenant specialization, and maybe remove the revenant abilities from Mage so it is unique to warrior?

And maybe for rogue werewolf/shriek abilities. Shriek/Werewolf specialization, or maybe a better name.

Rogue and werewolf definitely goes together well. You see, I am blissfully unaware what is possible or not possible to do for Dragon Age because I never looked into modding it. So if I ask for something that's too hard or plain impossible, just say so. I am simply going from what I would have liked to have in the game. 🙂 Been playing it for at least ten years, so should know by now... I always play either mage or rogue, and would have liked to combine the two. 🙂

Oh, is this only going to be available for the player or also for the other characters? I mean your party members, of course. That would be ideal.

9 minutes ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

Rogue and werewolf definitely goes together well. You see, I am blissfully unaware what is possible or not possible to do for Dragon Age because I never looked into modding it. So if I ask for something that's too hard or plain impossible, just say so. I am simply going from what I would have liked to have in the game. 🙂 Been playing it for at least ten years, so should know by now... I always play either mage or rogue, and would have liked to combine the two. 🙂

Oh, is this only going to be available for the player or also for the other characters? I mean your party members, of course. That would be ideal.

Yeah, I play a Rogue-Mage hybrid all the time and I like the magi origin most so it is always base class mage, and is exactly why I made a recently updated "my first mod ever" Melee Caster Class (Arcane Warrior Revision) (I did recently slightly rename it too, though). 

But I thought I should try to expand to other classes for people who may be interested.

If it is a Specialization it is for everyone.

I have been playing since release (on and off) but only really started adding mods 2 years ago, and at the same time trying modding itself. 

@LenaWolfBravil

I just happen to make Melee Caster Class (Arcane Warrior Revision) mage player only because it would really clutter up the other mages spell books and they would be less likely to use the abilities. But I am not sure if that is something people would want or not want for rogues and warriors. Plus I include the source files in case people want to customize for themselves.

But example when you give a class everything as an option (why I made it player only for mage):

And this is not even including all the regular spells.

u6lyRVy.jpg

XFB5sjZ.jpg

yzb3KAc.jpg

1 hour ago, HollownessDevoured said:

Yeah, I play a Rogue-Mage hybrid all the time and I like the magi origin most so it is always base class mage

That's exactly how I play as well. Never played a modded game yet, normally play on console. I usually have Zevran in the team and either play him or my main mage character once she becomes Arcane Warrior. I would have preferred an Arcane Rogue though. 🙂 I do want to try a modded game though, got everything ready, including that mod that allows you to conscript Jowan for your team. Your ideas here sound very interesting too, putting it all together would make for a remarkable game!

@LenaWolfBravil

Oh, I do find it does! Arcane Rogue is my favourite and it is the only way I can think of playing now. I dual wield in clothing/light armor with dodge stats.

See IMO a mage is either a warrior or a rogue class but is magic proficient. I mean what if a mage never went to the circle of magi/got caught. They'd have to live under the guise of either a rogue or a warrior and clearly would be able to train as one.

It's like the theory, why can only rogues lockpick, that is clearly a skill not a talent (even regarded as a skill in the toolset). It may be a more rogue-ish skill, but technically anyone should be able to learn/do it. As long as you skill/learn it.

I just had a proper read of your mod, it seems to me you've got it all covered already for the Arcane Rogue! For me the exact class would be Mage Assassin, as I tend to play in most games... But yeah, add werewolf to that, and it gets really interesting.

I see what you mean about having too many items in the spellbook. It's a good solution to make a selection manually.