StarField lost its luster

ZigmondWarden

I do a lot of watching streams etc. I find that StarField is lower in rankings from day to day. SkyRim is higher on the list alnong with Hogwarts, BG3.

I been playing StarField and with help of the community mods the game is playable. 

Thanks to you all!

• 2 weeks later...

I understand your frustration, but I don’t think Starfield has lost its appeal.

Many of us are just waiting for the official modding tools to jump back in and explore the game and the engine in new ways.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2024 at 4:03 PM, IKobi said:

I understand your frustration, but I don’t think Starfield has lost its appeal.

Many of us are just waiting for the official modding tools to jump back in and explore the game and the engine in new ways.

I believe Starfield  as is provides a solid foundation for a great game but Bethesda needs to get up off it and release the modding kit. The sooner the better because yes it is true people are losing interest in the game.

After two different game breaking bugs that stopped progress in the MQ, I have given up for a while.  Fallout 4 anyone?

On 3/4/2024 at 12:06 PM, ScytheBearer said:

After two different game breaking bugs that stopped progress in the MQ, I have given up for a while.  Fallout 4 anyone?

So needing an unofficial patch, much like most other Bethesda games I've played?

*will probably wait till there is one*

Not necessarily.  Bethesda has thus far been fairly reactive when it comes to fixing bugs.  I have previously reported three bugs to Bethesda and two have been fixed.  I have reported both my new bugs to Bethesda, and fully expect they will be fixed, too. 

Edit ... One of the new bugs has been fixed. 

Edited by ScytheBearer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bethesda is proving they have lost any ability to tell stories. There is only so much "eye candy" that one will take in a game ... and then it's deleted, shelved and pretty much done for.

I have several friends that are "... done with Starfield ..." and with the recent earlier this year the massive screw up with an "update" to Skyrim, * I being one of them * ... are beyond frustrated with it. Because it was not really a "bug fix" .. it was to "give us" CC Mods that we really do NOT want .... 

I have a seriously bad feeling, with recent history of Bethesda - that Elder Scroll 6 is going to suck and big time.  Maybe like history shows, the MOD COMMUNITY will fix bugs ( Fallout 4 ) and such .. but we should NOT need the MOD Community to fix their bugs ... that is Bethesda's job.

Starfield Community Patch is very good and very clear about their objectives and changelogs - if no one knew about the mod! Honestly, I just started my third character recently. My other two were broke beyond repair before any bug fixes were made. I am casually doing going to get all the achievements I don't have yet; and hey, maybe reach NG 10.

Honestly, Starfield is a work of art in my opinion. Mods have only made it better. When the expansion releases and the mod kit comes out, Starfield will be the game everyone thought it would be. IMO