Failed to initialize LOOT

Go to solution Solved by CaptainDarkSoul,

I've tried restoring the .ini files by deleting them and launching the game, verify integrity through Steam, and used bethini to reset to default with vanilla presets. Nothing worked. Maybe it's not an issue with the ini files like my google searches have said.

Here's the error message, maybe someone can make sense of this. lol

Error: libloadorder failed to create a game handle. Details: Failed to parse ini file, error at line 5, column 22: expecting "[Some('\n'), Some('\r'), None]" but found EOF.: Libloadorder error

at l.handleResponse (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\index.js:2:619583)

at C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\index.js:2:618056

at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)

at Socket.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\index.js:2:618039)

at Socket.emit (node:events:513:28)

at addChunk (node:internal/streams/readable:324:12)

at readableAddChunk (node:internal/streams/readable:297:9)

at Readable.push (node:internal/streams/readable:234:10)

at Pipe.onStreamRead (node:internal/stream_base_commons:190:23)

10 hours ago, Pickysaurus said:

The message does imply your INI files are broken.

Have you tried deleting the INIs for the game and re-generating them? 

Indeed, I've deleted the fallout.ini files and falloutcustom.ini files and then launched the game to regenerate them.

Edited by CaptainDarkSoul

• Solution

The timing was too coincidental to not at least mention. I had a bunch of Windows updates I've neglected to install, I finally did it the other day and Vortex has seem to fixed it self. No more error messages, and every mod I've installed since has worked.