New to Modding. Are there any steps i should follow before starting?

Gambino2525

Never modded any of my games and I'm about to start Cyberpunk for the first time.  I wanted to enhance my experience but I also don't want to randomly start downloading things and mess up my game. Any tips of mods I should download first to have a smooth transition?

• 2 months later...

i have been modding for only a month roughly, and reache like 500 mods pretty quick, one particular tip i can give u is this: back up ur gamefiles (savegames, and find a mod that removes/backs up all mods, simply for troubleshooting and convenience, it will be super helpfull to determine if problems that pop up are mod related or not) and one step pretty much everyone ignores is this: put in one mod at a time, start the game, see if it works as intended, and only then add another mod. mods can (unintentionaly ofc) interfere with another despite being of completely diff categories! i just now ran into a "bug" that makes modded jackets go haywire (litteraly mesh start to spin and strech in all direction in erratic manners) when i put on the boots of another mod. so yeah, if u dont want to waste hours of ur life figuring out which of the last 10 or 20 mods causes a certain problem, go slow and controled * ^^ *