Basic Modding Help.

9 hours ago, RoNin1971 said:

Editing the nif would entail a different approach, using nifskope, to edit the nif and change the linked material there. (prevents the glitch)

Anyway, enjoy the game 😉

That's what I did. I now have prewar grass on the End Road at Starlight Drive-In.

wmflG3U.jpg

Thanks for your Help.

On the other side of the road you can see my earlier attempt at covering the end road with sunken scrubs and prewar grass.

Edited by olnorton

• 3 weeks later...

Afaik, changing PreCombined objects and to find out if these are PreCombined, use the CK for the FormID and check via FO4Edit if [PlacedObject] is valid for said reference. Then you have a varierty of options to swap, disable the texture:

- Use a texture replacer (name the replace like the original, rename the PreWar texture like the PostWar texture, place it in \Data\Textures\...)

- Use the material editor to point to a different texture path (put the Material file into \Materials\...)

both is very simple. You can also pack to ba2 but most of the time this will not work when using the CK (CK has problems showing packed .ba2 files, it will work ingame though)

You can be sure that in 95% of the cases a static object, such as a road or anything the player probably can not interact with is PreCombined.